The Lean Sigma Black belt will be responsible for supporting the use of Lean Sigma tools and concepts, ranging from simple daily tasks, to process improvements, to management practices. This includes taking part in defining the strategy for continuous improvements, and support the deployment of Safran standard practices across Power AM through coaching, teaching, projects and Kaizen facilitation.
The Lean Sigma Black Belt will report to the the Power Americas VP and GM and will work with other members of the Power division, Power Americas and other continuous improvement team members.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Support deployment and use of the Lean Sigma tools across Power AM plants.
• Plan and lead Sites and Divisional Lean Sigma projects that will contribute to increase company competitiveness.
• Support operational management teams in building and leading their improvement progress plans.
• Facilitate Kaizen events and workshops.
• Ensure CI projects are on schedule and are aligned with the company's objectives and standards.
• Coach Lean Sigma projects including Green Belts in compliance with the company's methodologies and tools.
• Deliver Lean Sigma trainings
• Provide required timely internal reports and presentations to management.
• Provide benchmarking and best practice research.
• Actively promote the sharing and implementation of Best Practices within the relevant departments and teams.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor Degree in engineering or business administration.
• Lean Sigma Black Belt certified with minimum 5 years with process improvement experience.
• Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification from a recognized institution.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Excellent knowledge of Lean Sigma, process improvement, and problem solving methodologies
• Expertise within functional areas of Continuous Improvement (Manufacturing / Supply Chain / Engineering…)
• Demonstrated leadership: good communicator, motivator, facilitator, trainer.
• Must have excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Able to build strong working relationships with all individuals (from shop floor to executive level; all departments and educational backgrounds)
• Must be able to interface, communicate, and work with team members from multiple facilities, countries, cultures, and levels of the organization.
• Proven ability to take ownership of Continuous improvement projects and execute them in a manner that generates bottom line results.
• Consistent focus on safety, 5S, standard work and problem solving throughout value stream, with visible evidence of effectiveness.
• Challenges the status quo and mobilizes self and group to adapt to changing conditions.
• Multilingual French or Spanish is a plus.
Sitting 40% / Standing 40% / Walking & lifting 20% (up to 35 lbs)
Equal split between office work and working on a production line
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job posting does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
This position requires access to technologies and hardware subject to US national security based export control requirements. All applicants must be US Persons (8 USC 1324b(a)(3)), or otherwise authorized by the U.S. Government. No company sponsorship will be offered.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran Electrical and Power is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call: 941-751-7128. We will decide on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
2250 Whitfield Ave 34243