The Controls & Automation Engineer is responsible for all aspects of ATE's of the Sarasota Distribution Components legacy business (Switches, Relays, CB's, RCCB's) with an emphasis on new and replacement equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Takes responsibility for all aspects of ATE's of the Distribution Components legacy business (Switches, Relays, CB's, RCCB's). An ATE is defined as any system using Logic via PLC, Coding or Programming to perform multiple functions with or without human interaction.
• Designs/innovates manufacturing test equipment & methods for replacement equipment and new product introduction.
• Writes comprehensive Statements of Work (SOW's) & provides capital justification requests for new systems.
• Evaluates aged legacy equipment and researches new testing technologies and equipment that are relevant to business requirements.
• Generate General specification of function and use of systems.
• Follow and apply policies and procedures of the plant manual on all new equipment projects.
• Follow and apply applicable SAFRAN Corporate Safety policies on all new equipment projects.
• Ability to understand and correct system errors, communication issues and provide RCCA.
• Component purchasing & replacement of system Equipment as necessary.
• No live high voltage 220 or 480V assessments without ATS and HSE review.
• Communicate with ATE users and implementation of actions driven by that communication.
• Support of other business groups including, but not limited to, support and training on ATE's, processing instructions, recall setups and general equipment troubleshooting as necessary.
• Evaluates Equipment PM Plans and implements new PM requirements based on review and event history.
• Achieves target cost savings and department productivity goals.
• Regular, predictable attendance is required.
• Must be willing to work overtime as necessary.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job posting does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
This position requires access to technologies and hardware subject to US national security based export control requirements. All applicants must be US Persons (8 USC 1324b(a)(3)), or otherwise authorized by the U.S. Government. No company sponsorship will be offered.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran Electrical and Power is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call: 941-751-7128. We will decide on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution.
• Minimum of 2 years' experience Controls and Automation engineering.
• Experience with LabVIEW , PLC's, and Coding.
• Experience in communications to devices (power supplies, O-Scope and DMM) using serial ,GPIB, LAN.
• Experience in a designing test stands and working with Technicians.
• Experience electronics and electrical aptitude. With a technical background in electrical test systems including hands on experience.
• Self-starter & drive for excellence.
• General knowledge of engineering standards, schematics, bill of materials, PCB design, measurements, close loop system, Validation processes.
• Strong ability to collect and interpret data to troubleshoot and problem solve.
• Ability to translate test requirements and condition into test profiles on multiple types of equipment, including validation for release to Manufacturing.
• Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially Microsoft Excel
• Master's degree in Controls and Automation.
• Certifications in LabVIEW , PLC's, and Coding.
• Proficient in communications to devices (power supplies, O-Scope and DMM) using serial ,GPIB, LAN.
• Proficient in a designing test stands and working with Technicians.
• Proficient electronics and electrical aptitude. With a technical background in electrical test systems including hands on experience.
• Experience with CAD for 3D modeling and drafting.
• Hands on experience with hand tooling and some machining processes.
• Experience with Think and Do Control Software
• Experience with Visual Basic programming
Sitting 50% / Standing 25% / Walking & lifting 25%
Equal split between office work and working on the shop floor with production staff & technicians.
2250 Whitfield Ave 34243