Are you passionate about technology or aviation? Come invent the solutions of tomorrow in the aerospace and defense industry, with an international group where innovation, teamwork and continuing, daily education are fundamental values. Join us!
Summary of Duties:
• Develop the supplier quality system maturity by managing quality improvement projects
• Collaborate with suppliers to asses manufacturing process for potential improvements
• Support Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) initiatives for new development programs
• Assist in training and on-boarding of new Level 1 and 2 Supplier Quality Engineers
• Support third party registrar/customer on-site audits
Safran Cabin headquarters are in Huntington Beach, California, with a global presence of over 10,000 employees at 39 sites. Site locations are in the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Germany, France, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Tunisia and Thailand. Safran Cabin serves over 400 airlines and leasing companies globally and delivers to all airframe OEM manufacturers with a heritage spanning over 80 years in the industry.
Safran's Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) goes beyond our facility walls. We value and support the communities where we live and work. One of Safran's values and CSR pillar is Corporate Citizenship that helps drive economic, social and cultural progress by sharing our gifts with those around us.
• Your Career: Safran is committed to providing internal mobility to our employees. We operate globally so the sky is the limit of where your Safran journey can take you.
• Your Development: Safran employees have free access to Safran University courses and external tuition reimbursement for approved programs or certifications.
• Your Benefits: Our suite of comprehensive benefits include health care (medical, dental and vision), life insurance, 401(k) savings plans with company match, paid time off, Safran Perks with BenefitHub – Employee Discounts & Rewards Marketplace for consumer products/services and more!
• Management roles may be eligible for a bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable incentive plan.
The Supplier Quality Engineer acts as the voice of Safran Quality at the supplier and at Safran. This role design, develop, and implement strategies to improve supplier quality performance in a sustainable way. Identify and mitigate any quality related risks. Ensure quality and cost effectiveness of materials by deploying processes, capability tools and continuous improvement projects. This position reports to the Manager, Supplier Quality in the Supply Chain division.
At Safran, diversity & inclusion is a source of richness that adds quality of life, performance, and innovation. We welcome diverse contributions and provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, disability/medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic characteristics or information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical, Electronic, Composite or Industrial Engineering or equivalent education or 8 years of equivalent quality engineering experience.
Experience: 5+ years of progressive quality experience in aerospace, automotive, or industrial manufacturing environment and project management experience
Other Skills: Same as Level 2, plus:
• Full understanding of material management
• Full understanding of Part-21 and Part-145
• Expert in process manufacturing management (SPC, special processes) and project management
• Expert in Lean Six Sigma principles
• Mentor and Coach personnel
• APICS (American Production and Inventory Control Society): BASIC certification or equivalent
• Black/green belt 6 sigma certified
• ISO 9001 Lead Auditor Certification with AS/EN/JISQ 9100 training
Traveling is required.
Salary Range: "66,000 - 93,800"
2850 Skyway Drive CA 93455