Are you passionate about technology or aviation? Come invent the solutions of tomorrow in the aerospace and defense industry, with an international group where innovation, teamwork and continuing, daily education are fundamental values. Join us!
The HR Generalist is responsible for performing a variety of HR duties, such as effectively recording, maintaining, and reporting HR information and for establishing and maintaining effective communication, coordination and working relations with personnel, including management. This job reports to the site Human Resources Manager.
Summary of Duties:
• Partners with employees and management to communicate various human resource policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations.
• Investigate and resolve day-to-day employee relation issues. Documents initial complaint, determines scope of investigation, recommends course of action, documents findings and summarizes the investigation.
• Represents the company for any unemployment claims.
• Interviews, screens and recruits job applicants to fill entry-level, professional and technical job openings.
• Reviews applications and interviews applicants to match experience with specific job-related requirements.
• Handles benefit inquiries and complaints to ensure quick, equitable, courteous resolution.
• Manage and conduct new employee orientations.
• Performs exit interviews and processes all termination paperwork including Cal-COBRA/COBRA documents while adhering to all state and federal laws.
• Conducts exit interviews, analyzes data and makes recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
• Develops and maintains various reports and documents to provide current personnel information.
• Assists with the maintenance of the human resource database while ensuring that system records are accurately recorded and cross-checked.
• Organizes annual reviews between employees and managers. Organizes files, provides forms, timelines, and reminders to direct employees and managers through the review process.
• Manages workers' compensation injury reporting/claim administration.
• Administer, track and coordinate all FMLA and/or leaves of absences and coordinate with payroll.
• Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
• Records data for each employee, including such information as addresses, supervisory reports on performance, and dates of and reasons for terminations.
• Examines employee files to answer inquiries and provide information for personnel actions.
• Ensures that human resource files and records are maintained in accordance with legal requirements and Company policies and procedures.
• Completes miscellaneous research, reports and conveys information as requested and needed.
• Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
• Performs other related duties required and assigned.
Verbal communication skills in Spanish are required.
This position is located in sunny Santa Maria, Central Coast of California. Safran Cabin has a global presence of over 10,000 employees at 39 sites. Site locations are in the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Germany, France, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Tunisia and Thailand. Safran Cabin serves over 400 airlines and leasing companies globally and delivers to all airframe OEM manufacturers with a heritage spanning over 80 years in the industry.
• Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or a related field is required.
• Minimum 3 years' experience as a Human Resources Generalist, or 4 years HR experience demonstrating increasing HR responsibilities.
• Knowledge of both California and Federal Labor Laws Labor Laws
• Knowledge of HR concepts, best practices, and procedures
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal and management skills with the ability to direct, motivate, and give constructive feedback
• Must be highly organized with ability to track multiple projects
• Advanced level skills with Microsoft Office including: Word and Excel
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
• HR certification (PHR or SPHR, Certified or Senior Certified Professional)
• 5 years HR experience overall (with 3+ as an HR Generalist)
Safran's Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) goes beyond our facility walls. We value and support the communities where we live and work. One of Safran's values and CSR pillar is Corporate Citizenship that helps drive economic, social and cultural progress by sharing our gifts with those around us.
• Your Career: Safran is committed to providing internal mobility to our employees. We operate globally so the sky is the limit of where your Safran journey can take you.
• Your Development: Safran employees have free access to Safran University courses and external tuition reimbursement for approved programs or certifications.
• Your Benefits: Our suite of comprehensive benefits include health care (medical, dental and vision), life insurance, 401(k) savings plans with company match, paid time off, Safran Perks with BenefitHub – Employee Discounts & Rewards Marketplace for consumer products/services and more!
• Management roles may be eligible for a bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable incentive plan.
At Safran, diversity & inclusion is a source of richness that adds quality of life, performance, and innovation. We welcome diverse contributions and provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, disability/medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic characteristics or information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Traveling may be required.
Salary Range: USD $64,500 - $85,400
2850 Skyway Drive CA 93455