Are you passionate about technology or aviation? Come invent the solutions of tomorrow in the aerospace and defense industry, with an international group where innovation, teamwork and continuing, daily education are fundamental values. Join us!
The HSE Manager manages and coordinates HSE within a site to ensure all regulatory provisions and Safran Group reference systems are being applied. This position also manages the creation and implementation of the local HSE improvement plan, and advises and supports site management and operational staff to promote employee health, safety and environmental performance.
Summary of Duties:
• Ensure all regulatory provisions and the Safran Group reference systems are being applied:
- Ensure Safran Group policy, fundamentals, standards and objectives are applied
- Carry out regulatory and legal monitoring
- Ensure regulatory registers (including the 'comprehensive assessment') are properly kept and regularly checked
- Ensure operational staff take HSE obligations into account
- Update the list of HSE qualified and/or accredited staff
- Implement monitoring and reporting methods adapted to local circumstances
- Manage and/or carry out HSE audits and inspections
- Suggest, review and monitor corrective and preventive actions
• Manage the creation and implementation of the local HSE improvement plan:
- In liaison with operational staff, identify any significant dangers and hazards and any significant environmental aspects and impacts, and monitor them
- Ensure local HSE policy is being applied
- Suggest areas of improvement and local improvement initiatives
- In liaison with operational staff, establish HSE action plans to achieve set objectives and targets
- Monitor the application of action plans
- Manage a portfolio of HSE improvement projects
• Advise and support site management and operational staff on all HSE activities:
- Provide leadership, guidance, coaching, and training to employees throughout the company in matters related to HSE
- Implement Safran Group tools, methods and procedures and suggest ways to improve them
- Help establish and coordinate the HSE training plan
- Initiate communication and awareness initiatives
- Establish and update all documentation relating to the HSE Management System
- Ensure HSE documents are properly managed and disseminated
- Take part in analyses and surveys
- Facilitate and oversee incident investigations, root cause analyses and closure of corrective action plans
- Champion initiatives that identify and communicate facility risk exposure, prioritize risk reduction needs, and ensure closure of recommendations to reduce risk.
- Suggest and organize emergency drills
- Prepare the management review
- Provide information for Safran Group HSE reporting
Safran Cabin headquarters are in Huntington Beach, California, with a global presence of over 10,000 employees at 39 sites. Site locations are in the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Germany, France, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Tunisia and Thailand. SAFRAN Cabin serves over 400 airlines and leasing companies globally and delivers to all airframe OEM manufacturers with a heritage spanning over 80 years in the industry.
Safran's Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) goes beyond our facility walls. We value and support the communities where we live and work. One of Safran's values and CSR pillar is Corporate Citizenship that helps drive economic, social and cultural progress by sharing our gifts with those around us.
· Your Career: Safran is committed to providing internal mobility to our employees. We operate globally so the sky is the limit of where your Safran journey can take you.
· Your Development: Safran employees have free access to Safran University courses and external tuition reimbursement for approved programs or certifications.
Your Benefits: Our suite of comprehensive benefits include health care (medical, dental and vision), life insurance, 401(k) savings plans with company match, paid time off, and more! ting diversity throughout our companies.
- Bachelor's degree ,or equivalent, in Occupational Health and Safety, Industrial Safety, Environmental Engineering, Chemistry, Biology, or related technical field.
- 5 plus years of experience in Health, Safety & Environmental, including experience in a manufacturing environment, with at least 1 year of leadership responsibility.
- Experience with Health and Wellness, OSHA, EPA, ISO14001, OHSAS18001, Business Continuity Planning, “Green” Manufacturing, LEAN concepts, LEED Design, SixSigma, TSCA, EPCRA, Workers Compensation
- Comprehensive knowledge of employer policies, procedures and practices.
- Comprehensive knowledge and skills within the HSE discipline that extends to other areas of business, including all stakeholders.
- Strong technical understanding of occupational health and safety regulations and practices, with advance knowledge in the areas of machine safety, electrical safety, and ergonomics.
- Strong technical understanding of environmental regulations and practices, with advance knowledge in the areas of hazardous waste management and AQMD
- Technical understanding of industrial hygiene practices and sampling methods.
- Technical understanding of building and life safety codes.
- Detail oriented and well-organized.
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
2850 Skyway Drive CA 93455
- © Safran