Are you passionate about technology or aviation? Come invent the solutions of tomorrow in the aerospace and defense industry, with an international group where innovation, teamwork and continuing, daily education are fundamental values. Join us!
The Design Engineer 2 creates complex designs of aircraft interior products such as bins, galleys, lavatories, closets, linings or ceiling panels used in commercial and private aircrafts using a computer aided drafting system. The Design Engineer 2 reports to the Design Engineering Manager
Summary of Duties:
1. The Design Engineer 2 creates complex designs of aircraft interior products such as bins, galleys, lavatories, closets, linings or ceiling panels used in commercial and private aircrafts using a computer aided drafting system. The Design Engineer 2 reports to the Design Engineering Manager
2. With guidance from senior design engineers produce complex innovative designs, 3D models and 2D drawings of aircraft interior products within technical specification and project requirements
3. Work independently and communicate status with senior design engineers to complete engineering deliverables per project schedule and budget
4. Create complex 3D models and 2D drawings with the guidance from senior designers that meet the Safran design standards using Safran processes and documentations
5. With guidance from senior design engineers, incorporate design to cost practices to ensure that project design cost targets are met
6. With guidance from senior design engineers, coordinate with other department to ensure that designs and drawings incorporate inputs from all disciplines
7. Provide engineering support during production to solve technical issues
8. Work with senior design engineers to leverage Safran Cabin standard parts and designs in product development
9. Follow 3D models and 2D drawings all the way from creation through release to ensure project schedules are met.
10. Create status of tasks and progress of work in Safran Engineering task management tool
11. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Safran Cabin headquarters are in Huntington Beach, California, with a global presence of over 10,000 employees at 39 sites. Site locations are in the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Germany, France, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Tunisia and Thailand. Safran Cabin serves over 400 airlines and leasing companies globally and delivers to all airframe OEM manufacturers with a heritage spanning over 80 years in the industry.
Safran's Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) goes beyond our facility walls. We value and support the communities where we live and work. One of Safran's values and CSR pillar is Corporate Citizenship that helps drive economic, social and cultural progress by sharing our gifts with those around us.
• Your Career: Safran is committed to providing internal mobility to our employees. We operate globally so the sky is the limit of where your Safran journey can take you.
• Your Development: Safran employees have free access to Safran University courses and external tuition reimbursement for approved programs or certifications.
• Your Benefits: Our suite of comprehensive benefits include health care (medical, dental and vision), life insurance, 401(k) savings plans with company match, paid time off, Safran Perks with BenefitHub – Employee Discounts & Rewards Marketplace for consumer products/services and more!
• Management roles may be eligible for a bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable incentive plan.
Education: Bachelor's degree, or equivalent, in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical, or related field
Minimum 3 years related experience in aerospace or electrical engineering design.
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Proficient working knowledge of CAD & PLM Systems
• Good knowledge of common materials and manufacturing processes used in the aerospace industry
• Good organization and communication skills
• Ability to work well in a team environment and cross-functionally.
• Good communication, time-management, and problem-solving skills.
• Work independently and be self-motivated
• Working knowledge to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
• Good knowledge of Aviation regulatory requirements (FAA, EASA)
• Good experience with Interior design or trim & finish requirement
• Knowledge of configuration management principles
SALARY RANGE: USD $75,787-$82,677
At Safran, diversity & inclusion is a source of richness that adds quality of life, performance, and innovation. We welcome diverse contributions and provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, disability/medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic characteristics or information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Travel May Be Required.
2850 Skyway Drive CA 93455