Joining Safran means joining an international group where employees are provided with opportunities to develop throughout their careers. Widening your scope, managing a team, changing jobs, acquiring new skills... there are so many ways to grow at Safran! Are you detail oriented and a great communicator? We are hiring a Buyer for our Peachtree City location.
The Buyer is responsible for performing all procurement activities for their assigned OEM supplier(s) to support customer order requirements and the replenishment of inventory via the creation of both drop ship (DRP) and replenishment (REP) purchase orders. The Buyer serves as the primary point of contact between the company and the OEM(s), monitors supplier performance and facilitates continuous improvements.
Candidates for positions with SAU must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. This description has been designed to indicate the general nature & level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities & qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status. SAU is committed to working with & providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical & mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail [email protected] We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis. SAU is an Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled | Drug Free Workplace.
a) Knowledge and Skills
• Computer skills with knowledge of ERP/MRP, Excel spreadsheets and Word documents
• Knowledge of Safran Services ERP computer system
• Knowledge of Lotus Notes
• Must have demonstrated understanding of supply chain, logistics, MRP and inventory management processes
• Technical Capacity
• Organizational Skills
• Communication Proficiency
• Customer/Client Focus
• Time Management
• Collaboration Skills
c) Education and/or Experience
• Requires a high school diploma or equivalent and two (2) years of experience in the field or in a related area
• Four-year college degree is a plus
• ISM / APICS certification a plus
d) Communication Skills
• Good oral and written communication skills essential for interaction with both internal and external customers
Travel = 10% with international travel a possibility
101 World Dr GA 30269