The Technical Writer at Safran Test Cells plays a key role in ensuring Safran Test Cells customers are able to understand and effectively use our products. Tech Writers are responsible for writing and editing technical manuals and other publications that include installation, operation, calibration, and maintenance procedures. Additionally, the Technical Writer will assist other departments with drafting and editing interdepartmental documentation, and internal improvement projects as well as organizing technical content.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Write, edit, organize, and publish manuals, instructions, catalogs, and other technical and administrative publications according to established processes and standards for style, content, and quality.
• Work with Subject Matter Experts and internal teams to develop publications that are effective for the desired purpose.
• Create and update graphics for documentation including photographs, drawings, diagrams, and charts in order to make publications easier for the audience to understand.
• Maintain detailed work records and submit weekly progress reports.
• Present publications improvement ideas to the Tech Pubs Manager.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in Technical Writing, Communications or other relevant degrees required.
• Two years of technical writing experience required.
• Exceptional verbal, graphical, writing, and editing skills.
• Knowledge of accepted technical writing practices and methodologies.
• Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; actively seeks opportunities to improve and promote quality while monitoring own work to ensure quality is met.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively build relationships with internal and external customers
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Suite, CorelDraw, Adobe Acrobat, and/or other software packages.
• Resourceful, creative, detail-oriented with solid organizational skills and able to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Able to quickly comprehend technical information and translate ideas / concepts into a finished document and has a proven ability to offer creative solutions.
• Able and willing to travel up to 5% of the time both domestically and internationally, as required.
639 Campus Drive MN 55112