The Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible for preparing quality inspection documents to use and be used by the supplier, and to ensure quality processes are followed by suppliers. They will work towards building and maintaining relationships with suppliers to better understand their processes while offering assistance as well as training to make sure their deliverables meet Safran Test Cells' quality standards. Additionally, they will travel to various supplier locations both nationally and internationally to conduct quality inspections, and ensuring that inspection findings are closed prior to the product shipping from the factory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Build and maintain relationships with suppliers to ensure they understand and conform to STC quality standards.
• Visit various suppliers and closely monitor all product manufacturing phases ensuring quality adherence throughout the process communicating concerns and coordinating corrective action activities as necessary.
• Review raw materials list for product build ensuring they comply with STC and customer quality specifications as well as specific contract requirements.
• Assist with writing and ensuring completion of Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) during order execution and prior to product shipment from the supplier factory to satisfy On Time Quality and On Time Delivery requirements.
• Follow the company's QMS FAT requirements for properly recording and storing the suppliers' manufacturing quality records and documentation to include all communication documents.
• Participate with the Supply Chain in the performance evaluation of Suppliers.
• Assist with the development and training of best practices for all suppliers resulting in ongoing conformance to STC processes and PO requirements.
• Continually seek opportunities for improvement as it relates to cost saving ways to produce quality products and ensure on-time delivery.
• Document lessons learned during each project and report the lessons to the Quality team.
• Actively participate in a continuous improvement culture providing recommendations and implementing enhancements to current methods and procedures.
• Lead or participate in 8D root cause analysis and corrective action projects as the needs arise.
• Conduct internal and supplier quality audits as the needs arise.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field highly preferred.
• Associates degree required or 5+ years of experience as a Supplier Quality Engineer.
• 2+ years of related work experience in product inspection or manufacturing processes required.
• Desired knowledge in:
o Quality Reviews, GD&T, Machining, Materials (primarily steel), Welding, Heat Treatment, Metal Coatings, Supplier Audits
o Assembly (mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical)
o ISO 9001-based Quality Management Systems
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written with a proven ability to be assertive yet approachable delivering a positive customer service and team experience.
• Basic understanding of inspection processes including component measurement techniques, specifications and drawings.
• Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; actively seeks opportunities to improve and promote quality and monitors own work to ensure quality is met.
• Self-motivated, organized, able to multi-task, prioritize and excel in a fast-paced environment while exercising initiative and judgment as well as making decisions within scope of assigned authority.
• Proficient with MS Office programs to include Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Able and willing to travel 30+% of the time both domestically and internationally, as required.
639 Campus Drive MN 55112