Joining Safran means joining an international group where employees are provided with opportunities to develop throughout their careers. Widening your scope, managing a team, changing jobs, acquiring new skills... there are so many ways to grow at Safran! Are you detail oriented and mechanically inclined? We are hiring an assembly technician for our Menomonee Falls, WI location. No experience required! We will train you! Work side by side with experienced team members while you learn how to service and repair mechanical, electronic and other equipment for the aerospace industry.
Candidates for positions with SAU must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. This description has been designed to indicate the general nature & level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities & qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status. SAU is committed to working with & providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical & mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail [email protected]. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis. SAU is an Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled | Drug Free Workplace.
a) Knowledge and Skills
• Has basic knowledge of Aviation Maintenance - or the ability to learn.
• Has the ability to use common hand tools and precision measuring equipment such as micrometers, depth gauges, flow meters, pressure gauges.
• Is able to read and interpret component maintenance manuals in order to diagnose and repair equipment malfunctions.
• Has a good understanding of corrosion control methods and remedies.
• Has basic computer skills, i.e., Word & Excel
• Technical Capacity
• Organizational Skills
• Time Management
• Problem Solving/Analysis
• Decision Making
• Project Management
• Communication Proficiency
c) Education and/or Experience
• A combination of education, training, work and/or other life experience in which would provide a reasonable assurance that the required knowledge and skills have been acquired by the applicant. Example: A two-year degree in technical discipline and/or comparable work experience such as an FAA Airframe and Powerplant Certification and/or Military or Civil aircraft maintenance experience.
d) Mathematical Skills
• Ability to apply basic mathematics to convert metric and/or standard rates of flow, torque, load and distance measurements.
e) Communication Skills
• Must be able to read, write and understand English fluently.
f) Physical Demands
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
W175 Technology Drive WI 53051