Primary Tasks or Focuses
• Assist fixturing/tooling designer, calibration department, or operation test engineers with minor activities
• Assist in the Continuous Improvement effort and take on tasks as directed
• Performing prove outs and/or validations on new and old equipment.
• Update documentation
-This includes taking updated pictures of equipment
-Organizing and renaming the files and folders to the standard convention
-Converting old scanned documents in to workable and updated documents
-Filling in the blanks with missing manuals and related documents
-Links to associated fixturing, specifications, calibration instructions, and work instructions
• Gathering and logging feedback from operators to aid in determining what equipment should be replaced
Secondary Tasks or Focuses
• Review equipment to make recommendations of preventative maintenance and execute.
• Generate a list of “disposables” for equipment
- i.e. what parts wear down and what to replace them with?
• Updating equipment location map
- Update dimensions and locations of equipment
-Add pictures and links
• Verifying and labeling parts drawers in the O.T.E. lab
• Measure current consumed by each piece of equipment and label the power in.
• Calculate the pressure necessary for each piece of equipment to run properly and label.
*Must be eligible to work in the United States.
*No relocation assistance offered with this internship. Intern is responsible for own housing.
Safran Aerosystems Oxygen Systems US (AVOX Systems Inc) is a U.S. based Safran Company located in Lancaster, NY that designs, manufactures and services oxygen life support respiratory systems, related personal protective equipment, and aircraft accessories for the aviation and government markets. Safran Aerosystems Oxygen Systems US functions as a part of Safran, with international locations. We provide innovative oxygen solutions to the aircraft industry.
Safran Aerosystems Oxygen Systems US is an equal opportunity employer. Safran Aerosystems Oxygen Systems US does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or hereditary cellular or blood trait, sexual orientation, marital status, or status as a disabled or Vietnam area veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• Proficient with a QWERTY keyboard, about 45WPM with 95% accuracy or greater
• Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite; specifically Word, Excel, Access and Visio
• A basic understanding of flow, pressure, and electricity
• Self-driven, organized, and high attention to detail, rationality, and practicality
• A desire to work hands on
• A senior working towards a B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering/Engineering Technologies preferred
• Computer, Industrial, Manufacturing, Mechanical, Mechatronics, Microelectronic, Robotics, and Systems Engineering/Engineering Technologies degrees also welcome.
225 Erie Street 14086
Lancaster, New York Usa
New York 美国