Responsible for coordinating the flow of raw material, detailed parts and assemblies within or between departments to support the production build schedule and customer deliveries for assigned product lines. The Buyer/ Planner is also responsible for optimizing inventory levels, purchasing designated materials and to be alert to material changes, shortages, unplanned scrap and material availability.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
1. Review incoming customer order requirements and schedule based upon available material and capacity.
2. Analyze and employ capacity planning techniques as they relate to the production build schedule.
3. Evaluate and modify/approve system suggested planning messages.
4. With the concurrence of the Value Stream Manager, the Buyer/Planner establishes order policies, lot sizes, lead-times on assigned products.
5. Evaluate/React to requests from Sales and Shipping for delivery change requests if appropriate/achievable
6. Develop, monitor, and ensure that all Kanban systems designed to support the assigned product lines are operating smoothly and efficiently. The Buyer/Planner will coordinate all cell requirements with the supplier and the team members.
7. Recommend blanket orders, contracts, or special supply arrangements to the Purchasing Department, and coordinate the necessary implementation.
8. Modify production schedules as changes occur.
9. Expedite material as necessary. Assist other planners with expediting as necessary.
10. Coordinate the timely disposition of MVR's and support all QA activities to communicate non-conformance and corrective actions with suppliers. Process “PICKUP” requests as needed.
11. Generate requests and, if appropriate, purchase orders for material. Adhere to designated approval levels for sign off before order placement.
12. Release production orders to production floor. Generate and distribute status reports.
13. In conjunction with Cell Leaders and Supervisors, investigate/resolve discrepancies regarding material/capacity and due dates.
14. Modify and reschedule customer orders as changes occur. Communicate with Sales on these changes.
15. Perform assignments as specified by supervision.
Must be eligible to work in the United States - US Citizen or Green Card Holder.
No relocation available for this position.
Listed above are the ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS of this job classification. Employees in this job classification may be required to perform various other duties including but not limited to training, administration, and housekeeping. In addition, employees in this job classification are responsible for the quality, quantity and timeliness of the product or service they provide. They will carry out those duties, in a safe and cooperative manner, per established policies, practices and procedures. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job.
Required: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Preferred: Associates or Bachelors degree in related discipline
Required: One year of manufacturing experience.
Preferred: Three plus years material planning/shop scheduling experience.
Special Knowledge/Skills –
Required: Experience with on line ERP manufacturing systems
Microsoft Office Applications- Excel, Word
Other - Financial analysis skills as they relate to material/inventory control
225 Erie Street 14086
Lancaster, New York Usa
New York 美国