The Cyber Security System Administrator provides support for the core processing and infrastructure support systems. Assists with the service strategy, design, transition, operation, and continual service improvement of all network and servers' infrastructure collaborate with companies' integrations to SAFRAN strategy while providing a quality support to end user equipment.
Will be the primary focus of the preparation, set up, documentation and certification of DOD Cyber Security Maturity Model Certification.
• Manages the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, upgrade, and support of Security devices: Firewalls, IPS, WAF, Email Firewall, Web Proxy.
• Ensures that all changes to Security and Network adhere to established Change Management processes and procedures.
• Ensures adherence to security policies, including regular security updates and patches to all systems.
• Performs O/S health checks, analyzes system performance and identifies problems that are causing system and/or application issues.
• Follow and implement best practice methodologies for monthly patching and vulnerability remediation
• Performs backups monitoring on daily basis.
• Perform and coordinate daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs.
• Participate in physical installations on site Data Center.
• Provide Network and Security guidance for Server Infrastructure implementations.
• Provide Security advice for Server security patches, vulnerabilities, remediation plan.
• Participate in the design and development of enhancements related to all Security, Network, Servers, infrastructure.
• Deploy back up for Network and Security platforms.
• Deploy Security infrastructure on Microsoft Azure Cloud and AWS.
• Monitor and deploy security and critical patches in server and network devices
• Participate in the on-call service
• Required “On Call” duty
• Deploy and monitor SIEM systems (Security Information and Event Management)
• Support the deployment of Incident management system
• Deploy EDR systems (Endpoint detection and response)
• Support and lead on-demand vulnerability scanning and compliance monitoring to ensure security standards are met
• Supports the deployment and integration of security tools
• Support and deploy Microsoft office 365 (Security and Network aspects)
• Analyze and recommend solution of information security problems based on knowledge of the major information security products and services
• Ability to work under pressure in a deadline driven environment.
• Discipline to follow instructions from start to end under any circumstances.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work with all management levels
• Extended knowledge on Incident Response Solution, EDR, SIEM
• Extended knowledge with Firewalls: PaloAlto, Fortinet, Cisco, intrusion protection, web proxy, antivirus, SIEM, vulnerability scanning and other key threat countermeasures
• Extended Knowledge in Networking L2: VLANs (spanning tree), Port-Channel, Link-Aggregation.
• Knowledge in L3 Static routing, MPLs and VPN.
• Extended Knowledge on Communication protocols, TCPIP, ISCSi, FCoE, VLANs
• Knowledge in AWS infrastructures.
• Ethernet and Fiber configuration
• Knowledge on Microsoft 365
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to lead and work as part of a team
• Cisco WLC and Flexconnect.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree is preferred, associates or equivalent are accepted; and 5 years of system administration experience
• Work experience as a Senior System Administrator
• Strong knowledge of Cisco, PaloAlto, VMware.
• Essentials in Database administration experience with Microsoft SQL
• Ability to manage and administrate Network Architecture (Cisco, Fortinet, Paloalto), Network security concepts and firewall , Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Server and Desktop Virtualization (VMWare and other), Backup and other Disaster Recovery, file shares and associated rights
• Advanced experience in Disaster/Recovery Plan
• Advanced knowledge on hybrid, private and public cloud
• Advanced experience in troubleshooting infrastructure issues, including, but not limited to, servers, users computer, cellphones, network equipment.
• Deep understanding of NIST Special Publications, specifically 800-61, 800-37, 800-53, 800-137, 800-171 and 800-172
• Ability to create scripts in different languages for administration purposes
• This position requires use of information or access to hardware, which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ''Green Card Holder''), Political Asylee, or Refugee
Additional Eligibility Requirements
• This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
• Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
2201 W. Royal Lane #150 Irving, TX 75063