Want to work with some of the most talented dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships commitment innovation and integrity? Then Safran is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world. Employing some of the most talented dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Safran as the place to build a rewarding career while helping create and deliver communications integration and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It is an exciting time to become a part of our team.
Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Safran.
About The Position
The Supplier Quality Engineer is a key technical leader responsible for working with Suppliers, Design Engineering, Operations and Supply Chain for the selection of qualified suppliers and improvement of supplier performance to provide a positive impact on the quality of new and existing products.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Interface with business units, cross-functional groups and suppliers on support tasks related to Quality & OTD, FA (Failure Analysis), RCCA (Root Cause Analysis / Corrective Actions and Preventive Actions).
• A dynamic personality style with the ability and willingness to promote appropriate change and improvement.
• Ability to work autonomously, prioritize the workload, assess escalation needs.
• Ability to find and evaluate risks within the supply chain, and propose long term solutions.
• General familiarity with aerospace manufacturing equipment.
• Experience in manufacturing or industrialization, knowledge of APQP (AS9145) preferred.
• Solid understanding of receiving inspection processes including statistical sampling, component measurement techniques, specifications, drawings, AS9102 FAIR.
• Issue FA & RCCA reports to suppliers, follow up, review and approve supplier questions/requests.
• Excellent problem resolution, judgment, and decision making skills required with thorough working knowledge of Quality systems methods and practices (DOE, PFMEA, Control Plans, Lean Manufacturing concepts, DMAIC, Root Cause Analysis, etc.).
• Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities concurrently.
• Proficient in spreadsheet (report formatting, graphing, formula calculation generation), database, presentation and project management tools (i.e. Excel, Minitab, etc.).
• Ability to read and understand assembly drawings including GD&T, schematics, block diagrams and Engineering Change Notices for the purpose of specific inspection criteria and evaluation.
• Demonstrated auditing experience to AS9100, AS9110 AS9120 and Mil-Stds .
• Leadership skills demonstration (Lead & Influence the teams)
• Build relationships internally and with the suppliers
• Effective Communication (Status, Risk identification, Plans, Help needed)
• Proactive Approach (Meeting deadlines, presenting improvements, driving improvement plans)
• Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
• Proficient with a personal computer and selected software applications including Outlook, Word, and Excel, Access, PowerPoint.
• Lead and complete any specific projects/tasks as assigned.
Education / Experience
• Bachelor of Science degree from and accredited institution in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial, or Equivalent Discipline)
• Minimum: 3 years in supplier quality discipline; Six Sigma and Lean methodology; certified preferred
• Preferred: 5+ years in supplier quality discipline; Lean Six Sigma certified; SAP experience preferred but not required
• Prior Supplier Quality and/or Supplier Development experience throughout the
• lifecycle of products
• FAA Repair Station knowledge is preferred
• ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE), Certified Quality Auditor (CQA)
• There is a large travel element to this role and as such you should hold a full driving licence, and current passport and have a willingness to travel to all continents (sometimes) at short notice.
• Experience managing and developing multiple direct reports
• Thorough working knowledge with Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen events, and Continuous Improvement SPC, and Six Sigma methodologies
• Experience with problem solving methodology such as A3 and 8D
• Experience leading complex projects with remote team members
• Knowledge of manufacturing structures, varied processes, operating practices, and operating budgets.
• Experience managing multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
• This position requires use of information or access to hardware that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
Physical Requirements - Office:
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Travel may be up to 75%
1833 Alton Pkway CA 92606
- © Safran