Want to work with some of the most talented dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships commitment innovation and integrity? Then Safran is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world. Employing some of the most talented dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Safran as the place to build a rewarding career while helping create and deliver communications integration and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Safran.
Safran, for its Electronic & Defense division, is looking for a Program Manager in Irvine, CA.
Leads all aspects of the business including building customer relationships, managing product development, supporting technical solutions, and managing critical hardware production and deliveries. Responsible for the financial performance (P&L, sales, cost, discretionary budget, collateral budget, etc.), schedule and technical performance of company programs/projects or subsystems of major programs/projects. Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms and conditions of contract.
• Responsible for the financial performance, schedule and technical performance of company programs/projects or subsystems of major programs/projects: Leads all phases of programs/projects from inception through completion. Guides and controls the establishment of scope, schedule, development and financial plans that will facilitate successful program execution
• Responsible for development execution schedule and costs. Assists in the establishment of design concepts, schedule milestones and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test
• Identify program problems and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications
• Responsible for ensuring that product deliveries are made on-time and with the appropriate levels of quality. Engages operations and quality teams as needed to drive action plans as needed
• In conjunction with the sales department, helps with preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract
• Acts as a primary customer contact for program activities, leading program review sessions with customers to discuss cost, schedule and technical performance. Develops strong customer relationships and customer focused teams
• In conjunction with the contracts department, leads the negotiation of contracts and contract changes
Possess an appropriate level of technical knowledge to be able to ask the right questions, challenge the status quo, and build mutual confidence with technical counterparts
• Responsible for the total life cycle value stream. Works with shared services (supply chain, operations, support, etc) to ensure the value stream is meeting program and business requirements
• Assist in the interaction with subcontractors and suppliers concerning strategic planning, team agreements, associations, etc.
• Inspires, energizes and organizes cross functional teams to meet specific program goals. Escalates critical issues within the organization and with customers commensurate with program and customer needs
Education / Experience:
● Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of a degree six years of related experience
Skills and Abilities:
● Technical background with ability to lead engineering activities and developments.
● Experience in program management as either a Program Manager or in a leading role as member of a program team. Experience working directly with customers is preferred.
● Experience with aircraft electromechanical systems, avionics, and/or, aircraft systems.
● Financial acumen with the ability to perform: budgeting, cost tracking, scheduling, risk management and gross margin improvements.
● Operations experience to drive quality and on time delivery.
● Experience in leading Continuous Improvement projects.
● Must possess leadership traits including the ability to lead cross-functional teams
● Able to work autonomously without direct supervision
● Able to effectively communicate with both technical audiences and senior leadership with accuracy and attention to detail
● While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
● The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
● The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
● May be required to travel to the customer's base or any other location relevant to the correct execution of the contract and company's commitment (e.g. key supplier, partner).
Able to work effectively in both an office environment, a remote environment and can support travel up to 25% of the time
1833 Alton Pkway CA 92606
- © Safran