Want to work with some of the most talented and dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Then Safran is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world. Employing some of the most talented and dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Safran as the place to build a rewarding career while helping create and deliver communications, integration and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It is an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Safran.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 91,000 employees worldwide after the acquisition of Zodiac Aerospace, and has around €21 billion in adjusted revenue. Comprising a number of companies, Safran holds, alone or in partnership, world or European leadership positions in its markets. Safran undertakes extensive Research & Development programs to keep pace with its fast-evolving markets.
Summary of Job Purpose:
• Responsible for providing Import/Export Compliance support for products and data handled by Safran Electronics & Defense, Avionics, USA, LLC to ensure compliance with government standards and regulations.
• Facilitating and implementing proactive export compliance solutions, maintaining classification of all Export Compliance items and data management licenses and associated recordkeeping in accordance with government standards and regulations as well as assisting in administering audit activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure all export transactions comply with U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations, Office of Foreign Asset Controls (OFAC), and Safran Electronics & Defense Avionic USA LLC.
• Lead export compliance business engagements that focus on U.S export rules and regulations, sanctions, and other applicable restrictions in support of daily business operations.
• Obtain all required ITAR/BIS/OFAC export licenses (hardware, agreements, foreign nationals, and technical data)
• Determine jurisdiction and classification for Safran Electronics & Defense Avionic USA LLC products, technical data and technology
• Develop; maintain export control policies and procedures
• Provide trainings to Safran Electronics & Defense Avionic USA LLC personnel and other stakeholders on U.S export controls
• Conduct export audits and risk assessments to identify key business risk areas
• Assist Export Control Officer and the business with investigations, and correspondence with regulatory agencies (ITAR, BIS)
• Support Import Compliance operations as needed
Job Code: ACA050-P2-10-CA
Salary Range: $110,093 to $126,944
Education / Experience:
• Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution desired
• Minimum of 3 years import/export compliance experience preferred
• In depth knowledge of Export Control Classification determinations: ITAR, EAR
• Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
• This position requires use of information or access to hardware, which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ''Green Card Holder''), Political Asylee, or Refugee
Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge in AES Direct (Automated Export System) desired
• Knowledge in DECCS (Electronic licensing system used by the DDTC – Directorate of Defense Trade Controls) desired
• Knowledge SNAP-R system (Electronic licensing system used by BIS – Bureau of Industry and Security) desired
• Knowledge in CBP ACE Portal
• Excellent communication skills demonstrating strong critical thinking skills with the ability to clearly present complicated technical concepts to global users.
• Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills required
• Ability to review and understand technical data for export classifications for product types
• Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external customers, associates, departments, and other teams
• Accuracy and rigor, detail oriented
• Results oriented
• Good writing and articulation skills
• Time management skills (have the ability to set priorities)
Physical Requirements - Office:
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit and talk or hear.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Some domestic travel expected, likely 10% or less
1733 Alton Parkway CA 92606