1.0 SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE
The ideal candidate will test performance of new, repaired and overhauled aircraft engines and line replacement units, as well as interpret test data.
2.0 ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
• Connect oil and fuel lines, instruments, controls, and engine accessories, such as generators, magnetos, and fuel injectors, using hand tools.
• Connect testing instruments, such as dynamometers and manometers, to engine.
• Start and operate engine for specified time at various speeds.
• Read and record test data, such as speed, temperature, oil pressure, fuel consumption, and exhaust pressure.
• Calculate performance of engine at various speeds, using test data, standard formulas, computer or calculator.
• Sign off tested engines as ready for service or indicates reasons for rejection based on analysis of test data.
• May operate computerized test equipment to enter, retrieve, and compute test data and be designated test cell technician.
• May be assigned responsibility for training of co-workers, and ensures that they are properly trained for each task they are performing.
3.0 SCOPE AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• May be assigned delegate authority by quality department.
• Define and implement changes as necessary to improve process.
• Ensure that safety is a priority.
• Ensure cleanliness of work area.
• May be assigned responsibility for maintenance performed during his/her shift.
• Supports Safran Helicopter Engines and management policies
4.0 REQUIRED COMPETENCIES – Education / Knowledge / Skills and Abilities
• Associate's degree or equivalent from two year college or technical school; or two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Mechanical/technical/interpersonal – Advanced – Skills must be adapted to the unique requirements of the organization.
• Intermediate – Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Powerplant License preferred
5.0 PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit and talk or hear.
• The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
2709 Forum Drive TX 75052