1.0 Summary of Job Purpose:
Provides Technical Support to Field Representatives & Customers – Maintains visibility on Performance & Reliability of SafranHE engines in service
2.0 Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides technical support to Field Representatives & customers via phone, email, fax and/or visits
• Prepares / validates technical agreements under design office delegation
• Acts as “in service incident” investigation coordinator (member of the EPE team) & generates investigation report(s)
• Develops engines maintainability – initiates associated maintenance procedures revision,
• Analyses removals, maintains records, & performs periodic analysis of reliability for engines in service
• Must have proficiency in written and spoken English
• Domestic and International Travel Required: 10%
3.0 Scopes and Accountabilities:
Defines project objects and develops procedures, identifies problems, and recommends solutions; requests expenditure. Has authority to act at his own discretion, with short-term review by the Director of Engineering Support. Divulging of confidential and/or sensitive information could lead to damage to the reputation and/or competitive posture of the corporation. Errors may lead to high risk of major damage to the organization resulting in the need to create totally new approaches.
4.0 Required Competencies; Education / Knowledge / Skills and Abilities:
• Bachelor degree in engineering (Aeronautical or Mechanical) or A&P license with 5 years of experience minimum working on turboshaft engines.
• Two to five years of related experience \in the field of Aeronautical Maintenance or Engineering
• Intermediate Level – Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint; and experience with Power BI.
• Knowledge of professional practices, sources of information, and rules and regulations that must be interpreted, adapted, and applied to the unique requirements of the organization.
• Knowledge of turboshaft engines for aerospace
• Experience working on Safran powered aircraft preferred
• Basic understanding of French language is preferred.
5.0 Physical Requirements:
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit and talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
2709 Forum Drive TX 75052