Summary of Job Purpose:
Perform Non Destructive special processes on the Safran Helicopter family of engines.
Production Means – NDT
• Perform the NDT inspection of isolated engine component parts to identify discontinuities for further evaluation in accordance with the repair and overhaul manual specifications.
• Possess or acquire the skills and knowledge to setup and standardize the equipment, process parts, interpret and evaluate the resulting indications and document results.
• Ensure thorough familiarity with the scope and limitations of the techniques/methods being applied within one's current qualification applicable to one or all of the following NDT disciplines: FPI, MPI, Eddy Current, and/or Ultrasonic.
• Continuously improve one's ability to perform processes within the established efficiency standards.
• Strive for an individual LUR average greater than 90% all the while meeting the designated time standards set for the processes to be performed.
• Ensure that work performed complies with the company's quality standards and regulatory requirements.
• Inform the area Manager or Master Tech of any deviation that may have occurred during the application of the process.
• All work performed must be documented on the appropriate paperwork, electronic schedules, and within the organization's ERP system.
• Wear all the identified PPE as required and respect the documented safety procedures.
• Maintain the working area in a clean and organized condition respecting the 5s methodology established.
• Identification of improvement ideas to improve efficiency and reduce cost within current processes
• Active participation in improvements within the area such as 5s and other workshop activities (e.g. cleaning, tool management)
Scopes and Accountabilities:
• Follows prescribed procedures, making alterations if needed, but must inform supervisor promptly; recommends expenditures. Divulging of confidential and/or sensitive information could lead to damage to reputation and/or competitive posture of the company. Errors may lead to high risk of major damage to the organization resulting in the need to create an entirely new approach.
• ASNT Level II certification in FPI required. ASNT Level II certification in MPI, Eddy Current and Ultrasonic would be preferred.
• Airframe and Power Plant certificates issued by the FAA is preferred.
• Mechanical/technical/interpersonal skills which are adapted to the unique requirements of the organization
• Basic Level – Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel
• May be required to perform “On Call” duty on rotational basis
• Must be willing to work night shift either on a permanent or rotational basis
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regular required to use hands to finger and frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required sit, stand, and walk.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be working with chemicals that are unique to the processes being performed and will be required to wear the recommended personal protective equipment (PPE) when performing these processes.
2709 Forum Drive TX 75052-7027