Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage the development of a solid and comprehensive enterprise technology infrastructure, maintain an efficient and effective operation environment, and deliver high quality and timely services that support the strategic and tactical IT operations of SafranHE US
• Consult with management to analyze IT systems needs for management information and functional business operations, to determine scope and priorities of projects, and to assess system capacity and equipment investment.
• Recommend and develop plans for systems development and operations, hardware and software purchases, budget and staffing.
• Align business operations to utilize information technologies yielding improved processes and efficiencies.
• Manage the development, implementation, installation and operation of IT; ensure day-today operation of the information infrastructures and business applications.
• Develop, implement, and monitor management information systems policies and control to ensure data accuracy, security, strong internal control and legal compliance.
• Use knowledge of LAN/WAN systems to help design and install internal and external networks. Works with switches, firewalls, proxies, and routers.
• Develop reliable network monitoring and alerting to manage traffic and troubleshoot network issues effectively using network monitoring tools.
• Develop, monitor, and report the appropriate metrics to measure network performance and availability and to identify necessary improvements
• Negotiate contracts with consultants, technical personnel and vendors of services and products to ensure efficient purchasing and good quality of services.
• Provide support in the selection, procurement and maintenance of software and hardware.
• Actively contribute to improvement plan by identifying and implementing cost reduction and efficiency improvement projects.
• Develop, maintain, and test disaster recovery plans; handle computer operation scheduling, backup, storage, and retrieval functions.
• Review reports of computer and peripheral equipment production, malfunction, and maintenance to determine costs and impact, and address problems.
• Maintain continuous relationship with Safran Corp, and SafranHE IT/IS department to ensure smooth support
• Travel required – 2%, including internationally
• Required “On Call” duty
Scopes and Accountabilities:
• Defines departmental problems, goals, and objectives; authorizes expenditures; develops departmental budget.
• Maintain high level of professional ethics and standards. Divulging of confidential and/or sensitive information could lead to damage to the reputation and/or competitive posture of SA. Errors may lead to high risk of major damage to the organization.
Required Competencies; Education / Knowledge / Skills and Abilities:
• Bachelor's degree (M.A.) or equivalent; or five to seven years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Vendor management to maintain key IT partner relationships
• Ability to manage and administrate Network Architecture (Cisco, Stonesoft), Network security concepts and firewall , Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Server and Desktop Virtualization (VMWare and other), Backup and other Disaster Recovery (Symantec BackupExec, netbackup, Veem)
• Participate in maintenance of Disaster/Recovery Plan
• Database administration experience with Microsoft SQL
• Demonstrated knowledge in managing router, network switches, understanding VLANs, VPN tunneling, and MPLS networks and telephony systems.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet
2709 Forum Drive TX 75052-7027