Summary of Duties:
• Collaborate with testing team and other engineering groups to define, document, analyze, perform, and interpret tests for products, systems, components, or modifications. Testing covers but is not limited to environmental (temperature variation, humidity, vibration etc.), accelerated life, static loading, dynamic loading, material characterization, fire properties, acoustic, operational, electrical, refrigeration, airflow and plumbing test of aircraft interior systems and components to substantiate their design requirements, assure product reliability and maturity upon entry into service while optimizing cost, weight, function. Works independently.
• Conduct tests at the engineering prototype level for design development purpose, or serial production level towards the qualification/certification of aircraft interior products, including more complex products or test set-ups. Types of tests may include:
o Environmental, operational, or performance tests on electrical and electromechanical products, either experimental, prototype, or serial production aircraft interior products, including development and DO160 tests
o Flammability tests in order to characterize fire properties of aircraft interior products, including Bunsen burner, heat release, smoke density, toxicity, and fire containment testing
o Material characterization tests on aircraft interior products, including mechanical allowable testing of composite panels and inserts, adhesive properties, and accelerated aging
o Load testing (static, robustness, abuse) by applying loads using gravity, hydraulics machinery, tensile test machine, force gages, load cells and / or other equipment with the assistance of qualified technicians.
o Accelerated life tests on mechanical and electromechanical assemblies
• Design and fabricates testing and test-control apparatus and equipment, under the direction of more senior test engineers, with the help of test technicians.
• Create testing documentation (test plans, test procedures) or use existing documentation to conduct and document test execution. Create test datasheets and test reports from test plans
• Work on test equipment, test article definition and integration into test set up. Document and analyze test cases, perform scheduled test inspections, collect and log test data into datasheets, provide regular progress reports. Create testing documentation and reports from test plans.
• Perform calibration and preventative maintenance on test equipment and systems. Make entries into calibration record.
• Work closely and constructively with the team to gain consensus on the best strategy for the resolution of testing and engineering design issues.
• Provide technical expertise and gather compliance matrix requirements information during product development / engineering reviews for resolution.
Description: Mid-level position within field
Reporting to the Manager, Repair Station, the Test Engineer 2 is responsible defining, planning, performing, documenting, and analyzing a variety of tests for aircraft interior products, systems, components and modifications, including more complex components and systems. The Test Engineer 2 is involved in root cause analysis of test failures, and participates in activities to optimize cost, weight, function, and other requirements of the product.
SALARY RANGE: USD 64,500 - 100,760
Education: Bachelor's degree, or equivalent, in Aerospace, Aeronautical, Mechanical, or Civil Engineering, or related field
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Proficiency with CAD, PLM Systems, and Computational Based Analytical Software
• Proven ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
• Experience working aircraft OEM
• Knowledge of testing and manufacturing processes used in the aerospace industry
• Good knowledge of testing and certification requirements for common aerospace components and materials
• Familiarity with Aviation regulatory requirements (FAA, EASA)
• Excellent organization and communication skills
• Progressing business acumen to assist in understanding budgets, providing project health metrics to management, and understanding resourcing programs
• Ability to work well independently and cross-functionally
• Good communication, time-management, and problem-solving skills
Protracted or irregular hours may be required.
At Safran, diversity & inclusion is a source of richness that adds quality of life, performance, and innovation. We welcome diverse contributions and provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, disability/medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic characteristics or information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
May require some travel.
7330 Lincoln Way CA 92841