Are you passionate about technology or aviation? Come invent the solutions of tomorrow in the aerospace and defense industry, with an international group where innovation, teamwork and continuing, daily education are fundamental values. Join us!
The Planner is responsible for overseeing all planning activities to assure successful delivery of the product. This position will be responsible for performing tasks and duties associated with product manufacture planning, including producing schedules, material lists, and production plans.
Summary of Duties:
• Plans and schedules work flow for every single work station according to the manufacturing sequence of operation and control lead time.
• Control the material requirements, as per BOM's, manufacturing sequence, assembly and production work flow.
• Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
• Prepares production reports, productivity reports, cost analysis graphs and delivery charts that drive process and performance improvement.
• Reviews and evaluates engineering drawings, calculates quantities and types of material, parts, or other items required, determines “make versus buy,” establishes safety stock/Reorder points, and validates Bill of Material in the MRP system
• Sets up all purchase requisitions for Purchasing personnel, based on need dates, lead times and quantity requirements
• Plans and releases intercompany requirements and maintains Distribution Orders to ensure on time delivery and right quality
• Manages intercompany transfers
• Read, interpret, create and validate complex, multi-level Bill of Material
• Evaluates shortages and manages prompt solutions keeping appropriate stakeholders informed of any potential problem as required.
• Reads and reviews engineering drawings and documentation and coordinate any changes
• Maintains inventory levels to meet company goals
• Supports testing and certification requirements for new programs
• Preserves engineering revision control
• May provide leadership, coaching and/or mentoring to less experienced staff
• Performs work under general supervision
• Handles moderately complex issues and problems, and escalates more complex issues to higher level staff
Description: Mid-Level position within job role
Safran Cabin headquarters are in Huntington Beach, California, with a global presence of over 10,000 employees at 36 sites. Site locations are in the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Germany, France, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Tunisia and Thailand. Safran Cabin serves over 400 airlines and leasing companies globally and delivers to all airframe OEM manufacturers with a heritage spanning over 80 years in the industry.
Safran's Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) goes beyond our facility walls. We value and support the communities where we live and work. One of Safran's values and CSR pillar is Corporate Citizenship that helps drive economic, social and cultural progress by sharing our gifts with those around us.
• Your Career: Safran is committed to providing internal mobility to our employees. We operate globally so the sky is the limit of where your Safran journey can take you.
• Your Development: Safran employees have free access to Safran University courses and external tuition reimbursement for approved programs or certifications.
• Your Benefits: Our suite of comprehensive benefits include health care (medical, dental and vision), life insurance, 401(k) savings plans with company match, paid time off, Safran Perks with BenefitHub – Employee Discounts & Rewards Marketplace for consumer products/services and more!
Salary Range: USD 64,500 - 83,270
• Knowledge of AS9100 or ISO9001
• MS Office Skills (Excel, PowerPoint)
• Experience with an MRP system.
• Demonstrated knowledge of materials planning system (MRP/ERP) requirements, purchase order and manufacturing order generation process logic, and inventory management practices.
• Demonstrated understanding of Material Management operational concepts surrounding production planning, inventory control, purchasing, stockroom operation and shipping and receiving.
• Familiarity with the procurement of raw materials, standards, parts, and commodities related to aircraft lavatory production.
• Effective oral and written communications skills
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and assignments with attention to detail
• Problem solving, well organized, detailed oriented and accurate
• Ability to read and analyze engineering prints and drawings
• Dedication and commitment to ensure all work is completed without exception.
• Willingness to learn and develop new competencies
• Strong written and verbal business communications abilities
• Self-starter with ability to drive improvement, meet timeliness and objectives
• Identifying problems working with teams to solve through leading actions collaboratively
• Ability to analyze and communicate requirements
• Ability to negotiate, influence, and win respect
• Ability to make timely decisions and take action
• Ability to provide information regarding tasks, plans, schedule and strategy to stakeholders
• Customer service oriented
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
• Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain or program management
• Previous supply chain/purchasing/sourcing experience
• Experience reading and analyzing engineering prints and drawings
At Safran, diversity & inclusion is a source of richness that adds quality of life, performance, and innovation. We welcome diverse contributions and provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, disability/medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic characteristics or information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
May require some travel.
7330 Lincoln Way CA 92841