Are you passionate about technology or aviation? Come invent the solutions of tomorrow in the aerospace and defense industry, with an international group where innovation, teamwork and continuing, daily education are fundamental values. Join us!
Safran Cabin headquarters are in Huntington Beach, California, with a global presence of over 10,000 employees at 36 sites. Site locations are in the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Germany, France, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Tunisia and Thailand. Safran Cabin serves over 400 airlines and leasing companies globally and delivers to all airframe OEM manufacturers with a heritage spanning over 80 years in the industry.
The Safran growth strategy centers on three imperatives: growing company market share, customer satisfaction and achieving operational excellence. The buyer role is responsible for acquiring goods and services at a competitive price, ensuring that goods are of top quality, and facilitating delivery of goods via the issuance and management of a purchase order. Analyzes demand and plans supply in accordance, ensures efficient and quality execution of requirements and purchasing action messages, manages supplier delivery, quality, and cost performance and improvement.
Summary of Duties:
• Acts as authorized agent of the company, making financial commitments and managing key supplier relationships to ensure supply chain performance
• Manages stable supplier accounts, requiring basic knowledge of commodity, supply base, and program
• Responsible for low risk suppliers, moderate spend, with peer team lead oversight
• Make daily purchases and input into MRP system based on demand, while analyzing the quality, specifications, and delivery requirements
• Ensure just in time supply aligns with loaded demand to maintain inventory targets
• Send out quotations for bid on non-contracted items, and negotiate best price
• Interface with planning and purchasing Integrated Program Team (IPT) to ensure any changes in schedule or requirements are flowed down to suppliers
• Review purchase orders regularly and follow up on unconfirmed orders, past due items, etc.
• Generate effective communication, good relationships, and a positive image with suppliers, promoting courtesy, objectivity, and fairness
• Act as authorized agent of the company and primary contact to assigned suppliers
• Proactively manage suppliers and regularly assess performance to ensure on-time delivery of quality product
• Manage program shortages and ensure supplier commitments are communicated to IPT Lead
• Review non-conformance reports (NCRs) against supplier product and communicate and coordinate disposition
• Identifies and mitigates risk, solves problems, and escalates as needed to IPT Lead and/or Purchasing Manager
The expected salary range for this position is between $43,400 - $68,200 USD. Actual compensation will be determined based on experience, education, and other factors permitted by law.
• MS Office Skills (Excel, PowerPoint)
• Willingness to learn and develop new competencies
• Strong written and verbal business communications abilities
• Self-starter with ability to drive improvement, meet timeliness and objectives
• Identifying problems working with teams to solve through leading actions collaboratively
• Ability to analyze and communicate requirements
• Ability to negotiate, influence, and win respect
• Ability to make timely decisions and take action
• Ability to provide information regarding tasks, plans, schedule and strategy to stakeholders
• Customer service oriented
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
• Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain or program management
• MRP system experience
• Ability to read and analyze engineering prints
At Safran, diversity & inclusion is a source of richness that adds quality of life, performance, and innovation. We welcome diverse contributions and provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, disability/medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic characteristics or information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
7330 Lincoln Way CA 92841