The Stress Engineer is an experienced engineer with knowledge of structural requirements, analysis techniques, testing methods, and documentation procedures and applies this knowledge for the structural evaluation of aircraft interior products to ensure compliance to applicable requirements. He/She supports design engineering and certification with regards to the mechanical evaluation during all phases of product development. This position reports to the Stress Engineering Manager.
Summary of Duties:
• Know and understand regulatory requirements, customer specifications and C&D specifications.
• Prepare structural substantiation documents which include stress analysis, static test plans, static test results, interface loads analysis, comparative analysis, and weight summary.
• Review all relevant technical specifications for the project.
• Understand engineering drawing systems.
• Generate finite element models or rigid body analysis using Nastran (or equivalent software).
• Consistently communicate with Program/Engineering Managers and Project Engineers to provide structural feedback and status their portion of the project.
• Participate in design reviews (kick off, preliminary design review (PDR) and critical design reviews CDR).
• Approve drawings and engineering change notices (ECNs) for structural airworthiness at Configuration Control Board (CCB) meetings.
• Use MathCAD for formal documentation of stress analysis calculations.
• Understand material properties, material test methods and processes to obtain material design values.
• Be proficient with static test equipment, fixtures and procedures.
• Know and apply Stress Engineering Manual, CDE4000.
1. Does require fluent communication in English language.
2. Employment status may be part-time, full-time, or temporary.
3. Traveling may be required.
4. Protracted or irregular hours may be required.
5. Relocation to another C&D facility may be required.
Education: BS or higher in Aeronautical, Mechanical, or Civil Engineering.
Experience: 1+ years.
Computer Skill: Finite element model software, Office XP®, AutoCAD®, Mathcad®, MRP System (Royal IV), electronic document library (DocVision).
Other Skills: Detailed oriented and accurate, previous experience evaluating structural analysis of composite materials mechanical properties is strongly desirable.
Description: Experienced level engineering.
May Be Required
Annual Salary Range: USD 70 000 - 82 500
Some of our competitive benefits package offerings include:
• Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance- eligibility for employee and dependents on the 1st of the month following date of hire
• Health Savings Account with employer contribution if on high deductible medical plan
• Flexible Spending Account- Health and/or Dependent Care
• Three weeks of PTO (paid time off) for newly hired employees earned over a year
• Company Paid Holidays
• 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and employee vesting day 1 of employment; 100% match on the first 3% and 50% on the next 2% of contributions once enrolled
• Tuition reimbursement program
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• Optional coverages you can buy: additional life and accident insurance, critical illness insurance, hospital indemnity coverage
• Wellness Program with rewards
• Employee Assistance Program
• Telemedicine virtual doctor visits
• Alight personal Health Pro consultant service to help simplify healthcare experience
• And more!
2641 Airpark Dr CA 93455