Responsible for performing Flammability analytical work and preparation of documents in support of certification of aircraft passenger seat products. In addition, supports design during all phases of the product.
Some of our competitive benefits package offerings include:
• Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance- eligibility for employee and dependents on the 1st of the month following date of hire
• Health Savings Account with employer contribution if on high deductible medical plan
• Flexible Spending Account- Health and/or Dependent Care
• Three weeks of PTO (paid time off) for newly hired employees earned over a year
• Company Paid Holidays
• 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and employee vesting day 1 of employment; 100% match on the first 3% and 50% on the next 2% of contributions once enrolled
• Tuition reimbursement program
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• Optional coverages you can buy: additional life and accident insurance, critical illness insurance, hospital indemnity coverage
• Wellness Program with rewards
• Employee Assistance Program
• Telemedicine virtual doctor visits
• Alight personal Health Pro consultant service to help simplify healthcare experience
• And more!
Duties and Responsibilities (essential functions):
A) Preparation of Flammability test plans, reports and other necessary documents in support of FAA certification and compliance with Airframe manufacturer requirements.
B) Conducts Peer reviews of test plans and reports for quality and accuracy.
C) Ensure products comply with FAA TSO requirements
D) Review and sign-off Engineering drawings with proper verification of compliance.
E) Compliance with Safran Seats USA procedures and certification internal procedures.
F) Participate in design reviews via supporting the design team in all in-house and customer design reviews by being familiar with the proposed interior units and finishes with the ability to identify and address potential problematic material combinations and proposing method of showing compliance during the review.
G) Reviews all relevant technical specifications for the project including delivery matrices, customer trim and finish specifications and general arrangement engineering drawings.
H) Coordinate and oversee testing at in-house and outside laboratories to support certification programs
I) Perform failure investigation and support redesign activates as required
J) Performs other duties as assigned by the project lead or Certification Manager to support certification programs.
A) Knowledge and Skills:
i) Must be detail oriented and have sound engineering judgment.
ii) Must be self-motivated and a self-starter.
iii) Must have ability to think strategically and solve problems.
iv) Must be able to operate standard office equipment.
v) Must be able to generate technical reports with a minimum typing speed of 25 wpm.
vi) Must have the ability to analyze engineering drawings.
vii) Must have the basic understanding of the concept of stress and strain in materials.
viii) Must be willing to perform tests and some physical work at the test laboratory, as required.
ix) Must have basic knowledge of CAD software
B) Education and Experience:
Must have a Bachelor's degree in Material science, Chemical Engineering Mechanical Engineering or a related engineering degree or 12 years equivalent related experience, based on education and or experience in lieu of degree.
Competencies: Acts in accordance with company values and related competencies.
Communication Skills: Speech and hearing abilities that allow individual to communicate clearly and distinctly in English. Must have the ability to generate written communication in English and to operate required office equipment. Ability to read and review written communication.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve problems and think strategically.
Physical Demands: This position requires extended periods of sitting while working with computers and viewing computer monitors and other office equipment. Finger dexterity needed in using misc. office equipment such as telephone, computer and copy machine, etc. Bending, stooping, reaching, and lifting up to approximately twenty pounds are required during tasks related to the job.
Less than one week of total traveling per year; domestic
2000 Weber Dr TX 76240
- © Safran