1) Occupational Summary:
Assist in creating, implementing and maintaining an effective, best-in-practice, Export Compliance function, consistent with all applicable statutory and regulatory requirements, across Safran Seats' global operations. Additionally, assists with various legal related functions including risk management, claims management, contracts management and trade compliance administration. Interfaces with and provides guidance to global Sales & Marketing, Customer Service, Program Management, Engineering, Supply Chain, Procurement and other teams.
2) Duties and Responsibilities (essential functions):
A) Export Compliance Officer:
• Act as the main interface on export control matters for Safran Seats USA while interfacing with Safran Seats corporate (France) and other Safran Group companies;
• Ensure Safran Seat USA's compliance with relevant export compliance processes, procedures and requirements from Safran Seats corporate, Safran Group companies and US authorities;
• Act as project manager ensuring development and implementation of Safran Group export compliance related policies and procedures. Interfaces with relevant internal parties and companies to ensure effective implementation and ongoing compliance.
• Provide on-going support, communication, awareness and training to employees;
• Coordinate and apply for all export licenses, agreements or other export authorizations;
• Ensure the compliance with the terms and conditions of approved export licenses or applicable license exemptions;
• Consider and evaluate Export Control risks within Safran Seats USA and provide the necessary input(s) to the relevant internal parties and companies;
• Alert Empowered Officials and other relevant internal parties of any non-compliance and support the implementation of corrective and preventive actions;
• Provide regular reporting to Empowered Officials and other relevant internal parties regarding its activities and the Export Control issues within its responsibility.
B) Risk and Claims Manager:
• Act as chair for Safran Seats USA Risk Management Committee;
• Assist in the management and tracking of financial risks for the company;
• Coordinate with relevant internal parties and risk owners to ensure all relevant evidence and substantiation is provided related to relevant risks;
• Manage Risk Management RAIL to ensure risks are tracked and followed-up on by risk owner;
• Update and hold training related to risk management process as necessary;
• Assists with Risk Management Committee process improvements;
• Act as administrative manager for Legal claims;
• Ensure all claims are properly tracked within standard Risk Management Committee process.
C) Administrative Contracts Manager:
• Assist in preparing contract templates;
• Coordinate with SSUSA Contracts Manager and Legal Counsel for negotiation of specific terms;
• Tracks contract negotiation status;
• In coordination with Contracts Managers and global Safran Seats Legal Team, assists in Contract template updates to ensure alignment across global business units.
D) Trade Compliance Administration
• Assist Safran Seats USA Trade Compliance Correspondent with Trade Compliance related tasks;
• Assist in drafting and review of third part compliance forms such as Need Request and Synthesis Form for a Third Party and Third Party Qualification Grids.
3) Qualification Requirements:
A) Knowledge and Skills:
• Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills;
• Demonstrated interpersonal relationship and communication skills;
• Strong business analysis, definition, and design skills;
• Ability to provide project leadership, coordination, guidance and issue resolution;
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others;
• Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time;
• Flawless recordkeeping and confidentiality management;
• Ability to work with minimal supervision;
• Experience with Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
B) Education and Experience:
• 2 – 3 years of export compliance related experience.
• 2 years of experience working in a legal or legal related environment.
• Aerospace sector experience a plus.
• Bachelor's Degree or higher required.
4) Physical Demands:
This position requires extended periods of sitting while working with computers and viewing computer monitors and other office equipment. Finger dexterity needed in using misc. office equipment such as telephone, computer and copy machine, etc. Bending, stooping, reaching, and lifting up to approximately twenty pounds are required during tasks related to the job.
International and/or Domestic travel as required
2000 Weber Dr TX 76240