The IS & IT Director is in charge of the conception, build and maintenance of the Information System in Safran Seats USA Business Unit. This position works closely with the site management in order to collect the IT needs of the Business Unit and implement them. Position is in charge of the relationship between the BU and central Safran Seats Company IT department in order to apply the policy and rules for Safran Seats Company and Safran Group to the BU. Ensures the relationship with the IS/IT teams in Chihuahua for both plants to ensure that Safran Seats IS/IT activities in Chihuahua are in conformance with the Company requirements. The IS & IT Director reports directly to the CIO of Safran Seats Company and is dotted line to the Finance VP of Safran Seats USA BU. Position works independently under minimal supervision and exercises autonomy.
Main Function Responsibilities and Activities:
• Manages, motivates, coordinates Safran Seats USA Business Unit Information Systems to achieve the objectives set in the framework of the strategy defined for its entity by Safran Seats Company and Safran Group.
• Ensures the link between the BU and IS/IT and manage the local IS/IT team activities for local needs and for global Safran Seats Company roadmap or for Safran Group needs.
• Manages the IS/IT services produced by the team in quality and security for the optimum cost.
• Ensures the consistency of activities with Safran Seats Company and Safran Group global IS/IT context, especially in the area of Cybersecurity.
• Leads the “Manage Information Systems” process for the BU.
• Responsible for the IS/IT medium term plan (MTP) and the budget activities of the BU and participates to the global budget activity for Safran Seats company IS/IT.
• Informs the BU of activities concerning Safran Seats Company IS/IT (Achievements, progress of the Master Plan, impact of global Safran Group decisions etc.)
• In the global capacity for Safran Seats, participates in the IS/IT management team with the other site IS/IT managers and may be called upon to play a more global role in the context of certain activities requested by the Group. As for example, manages the relationship with IS/IT organization in Chihuahua plants in Mexico.
People Management Duties:
• Recruit, hire, onboard, train, develop, motivate, evaluate employee performance, and initiate promotions, transfers, and corrective action.
• Distributes the workload, in volume and schedule, according to the evolution forecasts of the workforce and skills of the team
• Interprets company policy to employees and ensures company policy and practices including safety are followed at all times.
• Provides coaching to IT/IS leaders on best practices, company navigation and employee communication.
• Leads change through development of people, systems, and processes that ensure improved business performance.
• Holds IT/IS leaders accountable to keeping all team members working efficiently with tools, systems and procedures to optimize program support.
• Ensures harmonious working environment. Exhibits Safran Leadership model behaviors and ensures team is exhibiting these behaviors as well.
Planning, Organization, Management:
• Establishes and follows the load plan for projects and run activities.
• Manages financial activities (recurrent and project) by ensuring compliance with procedures budgets.
• Guarantees the consistency of projects and applications within its scope of responsibility with that of other areas and Corporate.
• Establishes and monitors dashboards.
• Analyzes and proposes solutions to continuously improve the productivity the BU.
• Leads the implementation of new projects and ensures compliance with quality assurance procedures, methods and IS security.
• Communicate with the business departments and project management clients
• Communicates within its entity (corporate communication, communication on the evolution, etc.)
Education & Qualification:
• Requires a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a related IT/IS field or 6 years equivalent related experience in lieu of degree.
Work Experience - Technical knowledge
• less than10 years' experience in IT/IS disipline
• less than 5 years' experience managing and leading IT/IS team
• Experience in ERP configuration and manufacturing processes.
• Experience in managing implementation challenges in the area of architectural, design, integration, and infrastructure.
• Exposure to manufacturing planning and/or hand-off of PLM data (BOM) to ERP.
• Strong technical solution analysis, synthesis, design, and delivery competencies.
• Ability to understand requirements/processes and management expertise for large scale ERP design and deployment.
• In-depth understanding of SCM functions: Material management, Production Plan and execution, Quality Management, Service Management.
• Knowledge of other functions including Sales and Distribution, Financial and Management Accounting, and HRIS.
• Able to conduct current-state and future-state training.
• Ability to work with cross functional team consisting of developers, vendors, and business users.
• Ability to convince, Ability to take initiative, Accept responsibility, Adaptability-flexibility, Autonomy, Availability for others, Building Relationships, Creativity, Leadership, Negotiation, Problem Solving, Perseverance, Self-confidence, Self-motivation,
• Comfortable with ambiguity and limited instruction.
• Must have the ability to drive major initiatives.
• Must be comfortable with multiple tasks.
• Effectively communicate in a matrix environment.
• Experience with or exposure to Service Now a plus.
• Experience with elements of Cybersecurity a plus.
• Experience with or exposure to M3 ERP a plus.
• Experience with or exposure to Microsoft SCCM (System Center Configuration Manager) a plus.
• Experience with or exposure cloud strategies and solutions would be a plus.
Physical Demands: This position requires extended periods of sitting while working with computers and viewing computer monitors and other office equipment. Finger dexterity needed in using misc. office equipment such as telephone, computer and copy machine, etc. Bending, stooping, reaching, and lifting up to approximately twenty pounds are required during tasks related to the job.
Work Environment: The work environment includes office setting with moderate office noise.
International and/or Domestic travel may be required around 10% of the time
2000 Weber Dr TX 76240