Northwest Aerospace Technologies (“NAT”), a Safran Company, is the only EASA DOA Certified aircraft interior reconfiguration group in the United States. Focusing on commercial and military aircrafts, NAT provides first class services in design, engineering, quality, certification, and manufacturing for a variety of Blue Chip customers. We are seeking a Proposal Engineering Manager to join our facility.
Perform initial review of proposals provided from Marketing and determine the path forward while prioritizing the effort to completion of each proposal, meeting the date defined by marketing. Provide work assignments to proposal engineers and define any resources needed in maintaining schedule for completion.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The Proposal Engineering Manager is responsible for managing the performance of the Proposal Engineers assigned to him/her in completing the below tasks as well as participating in completing the below tasks themselves in support of proposal completion:
* Develop technical proposal templates, Kitting list templates, Assumption Templates, etc. to reduce cycle time in proposal development.
* Develop high quality proposals to keep existing NAT engineering resources fully engaged in work and grow the engineering resource team to have additional capacity.
* Early engagement with sales team to understand enquiry/RFQ properly to develop and design a suitable solution.
* Participate in official handover by consolidating all documentation in a timely and accurate manner as per the document management standard.
* Develop the initial NRE and Kit definition.
* Develop accurate and timely estimates which include scope, material and labor efforts by skilled discipline.
* Coordination with all applicable groups (Tech Pubs, Stress, Cert, Flammability, etc.).
* After technical solution definition, develop cost effective estimates and identify explicit proposal inclusions to be prepared within required time lines.
* Develop quality estimates for final Kit pricing.
* Prepare and develop the Kit List.
* Writing of the Technical Proposal.
* Deliver completed proposal package to Marketing by due date.
* Regular review and submission of estimates based on approved change requests.
* Maintain product knowledge and technical skills to current standards and portfolio.
* Look for opportunities to improve as-is process to increase efficiency, simplicity, and margin.
* Understand and promote all health, safety and environmental legal and regulatory requirements including company policies and standards. Lead by example, enforce and sustain a strong safety culture and compliance driven practices in the work environment.
ANNUAL SALARY: USD $102,830 - $161,590
Located in Everett, Washington, Safran Cabin NAT offers competitive salaries, recognition programs, comprehensive benefits, retirement plans with employer match, corporate university training courses, professional development programs, and more. We offer the opportunity for a rich and diverse career across over 300 job fields and international sites while our teams work to continuously develop their skills.
Safran Cabin headquarters are in Huntington Beach, California, with a global presence of over 10,000 employees at 39 sites. Site locations are in the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Germany, France, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Tunisia and Thailand. Safran Cabin serves over 400 airlines and leasing companies globally and delivers to all airframe OEM manufacturers with a heritage spanning over 80 years in the industry.
* Bachelor's Degree, preferably in a field that offers an opportunity to gain a well-rounded engineering background. Additional training in leadership, management, business administration, program management and risk management is preferred.
* 12+ years of broad technical experience, with at least 7 years being in the aerospace industry and 2+ years of proposal management/development is preferred.
* Engineering background and/or technical aptitude to understand and communicate technical subject matter
* Broad familiarity of Boeing and/or Airbus aircraft
* Broad understanding of FAA/EASA certification process
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to establish and foster relationships between various internal customers
* Strong numerical aptitude
* Demonstrate ability to translate technical solutions into detailed cost elements
* Demonstrate proficiency with Excel
* Demonstrate problem solving and conflict resolution skills
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively interact with all levels of internal customers
* Comfortable working with all levels of an organization
* Build relationships/team work/trust, foster open communication, inspire and empower employees, shape strategy/think globally, use sound judgment, drive timely execution with quality, and be a strong leader.
Safran Cabin NAT looks for service-oriented team players with strong interpersonal skills, the right attitude and adaptability to an innovative and evolving environment.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Safran Cabin NAT is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail [email protected]. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
No travel required.
415 Riverside Rd. WA 98201