Northwest Aerospace Technologies (“NAT”), a Safran Company, is the only EASA DOA Certified aircraft interior reconfiguration group in the United States. Focusing on commercial and military aircrafts, NAT provides first class services in design, engineering, quality, certification, and manufacturing for a variety of Blue Chip customers. We are seeking a Proposal Engineer to join our facility.
Perform initial review of the data being provided for any given proposal and determine the path forward for completion of the proposal meeting.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
* Develop the initial NRE and Kit definition.
* Coordination with all applicable groups (Tech Pubs, Stress, Cert, Flammability, etc.).
* Kit list preparation and final estimation for final kit pricing.
* Accurate and timely estimates which includes scope, material and labor effort by skilled discipline.
* Develop winning proposals, which includes writing technical proposals and delivering completed packages by due date.
* Early engagement with sales team to understand enquiry/RFQ properly to design and design suitable solution. Participate in official handover by consolidating all documentation in a timely and accurate manner as per the document management standard.
* Develop cost effective estimates and identify explicit proposal inclusions to be prepared within required timelines.
* Regular review and submission of review estimates based on approved change request.
* Continuously improve current process to increase efficiency, simplicity and margin.
ANNUAL SALARY: USD $65,500 - $99,660
Located in Everett, Washington, Safran Cabin NAT offers competitive salaries, recognition programs, comprehensive benefits, retirement plans with employer match, corporate university training courses, professional development programs, and more. We offer the opportunity for a rich and diverse career across over 300 job fields and international sites while our teams work to continuously develop their skills.
Safran Cabin headquarters are in Huntington Beach, California, with a global presence of over 10,000 employees at 39 sites. Site locations are in the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Germany, France, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Tunisia and Thailand. Safran Cabin serves over 400 airlines and leasing companies globally and delivers to all airframe OEM manufacturers with a heritage spanning over 80 years in the industry.
Knowledge & Experience:
* Bachelor's degree with minimum of 2-years industry experience in Engineering or other technical role
* Minimum 2 years of proposal management
* Engineering background and/or technical aptitude to understand and communicate technical subject matter
* Broad familiarity of Boeing and/or Airbus aircraft
* Broad understanding of FAA/EASA certification process
Skills & Abilities
* Excellent communication skills and ability to establish and foster relationships between various internal customers
* Strong numerical aptitude and attention to detail
* Demonstrated ability to translate technical solutions into detailed cost elements
* Demonstrated proficiency with Excel
* Demonstrated problem solving and conflict resolution skills
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively interact with all levels of internal customers.
* Comfortable working with all levels of an organization.
Safran Cabin NAT looks for service-oriented team players with strong interpersonal skills, the right attitude and adaptability to an innovative and evolving environment.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Safran Cabin NAT is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail [email protected]. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Minimal travel as needed.
415 Riverside Rd. WA 98201