Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The Level 3 Electrical Engineer has the following scope of work:
• Support the design, development and substantiation of the installation of electrical components and systems into retrofit aircraft applications.
• Communicating with the customers and fellow team members. Presenting technical content to a wide audience and provide guidance and input to other team members as well as team members from other disciplines.
• Develop proposals to install various electrical components and systems within an aircraft.
• Break down a SOW into smaller work packages and allocate work packages to other engineers.
• Firm understanding of airworthiness requirements regarding the installation of electrical systems, components and wiring within an aircraft.
• Develop engineering statement of work in preliminary stages of product/project development.
• Ensure that ZNAT's drawings and documents meet the standards.
• Grow in experience by willing to take on tasks in multiple disciplines of the aerospace industry. For electrical engineers this would include wire diagrams, wire kits, wire installations and system design.
• Develop engineering packages from beginning concept to production utilizing engineering tools and other engineering personnel.
• Develop peer review check packages for generated engineering drawings.
• Ensure the design content conforms to the company quality system procedures as documented, the customer statement of work, along with applicable certification requirements.
• Work with ODA UM's and EASA CVE's to ensure designs are compliant to airworthiness requirements.
Annual Salary: USD 84,490 – 132,770
• Generate clamping arrangements and identify when existing routing can be reutilized.
• Effectively utilize the Boeing standard wiring practices manual (SWPM) or Airbus electrical standard practices manual (ESPM).
• Define critical areas of EWIS wire routing and have a working knowledge of wire separation requirements.
• Research vendor parts data, processes and specification
Who We Are:
Northwest Aerospace Technologies, a proud member of the Safran Cabin family, designs, engineers, manufactures and installs the best aircraft interiors in the world, focusing on commercial and military aircraft.
Why Should You Join Us?
Safran Cabin headquarters are in Huntington Beach, California, with a global presence of over 10,000 employees at 39 sites. Site locations are in the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Germany, France, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Tunisia and Thailand. Safran Cabin serves over 400 airlines and leasing companies globally and delivers to all airframe OEM manufacturers with a heritage spanning over 80 years in the industry.
• Your Career: Safran is committed to providing internal mobility to our employees. We operate globally so the sky is the limit of where your Safran journey can take you.
• Your Development: Safran employees have free access to Safran University courses and external tuition reimbursement for approved pro
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent area of focus. At least Ten (10) years of relevant industry experience is recommended.
• Requirements should be an engineering degree along with five to seven years of broad technical experience in an aerospace related application or a non-degreed employee with an equivalency amount of experience in an aerospace related career
• The Level 3 Electrical Engineer should be comfortable with assisting less experienced employees in the engineering group in the production of engineering product
• Experienced in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Microsoft PowerPoint, and
• Able to mentor less experienced engineering personnel in field of expertise
• Minimal coordination with customers, suppliers, and interdepartmental personnel required
• Drawing management
• Troubleshooting/problem solving
• Ability to work independently or within a team
• Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
• Understanding of customer's expectations
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task effectively, and work under pressure
• Superior attention to detail Working Conditions:
• Primarily office work
• Consistent use of computer key board and monitor
• Does require fluent communication in English
• Protracted or irregular hours may be required
• Must be comfortable working to meet firm deadlines, thus completing work on time
• Occasional lifting of up to 25 pounds
415 Riverside Rd. WA 98201