Oversees the Stores department shipping, receiving and inventory activities. Coordinates activities involved with the procuring of goods and services such as aircraft furnishings, structures, systems, electrical, raw materials, equipment, tools, parts and supplies. Performs data analysis for the SCM department and prepares reports for executive review. Provides planning, organization, coaching, mentoring, and training for onsite team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Plans, directs and coordinates the activities within the Stores department in conjunction with other departments to ensure the project meets the established schedule.
• Provides technical direction as needed to shipping/receiving personnel.
• Maintains care and regular maintenance of Stores department vehicles, tools and gauges.
• Monitors KPIs and implements performance improvement plans if goals are not met.
• Reports and records inventory accuracy, shipping and receiving status and program progress metrics to management.
• Trains, encourages, mentors, and instructs others.
• Develops and implements continuous improvement plans.
• Conducts 1:1 discussions, annual performance reviews and mid-year reviews and makes recommendations for salary adjustments.
• Assists with resource planning and hiring recommendations as required.
• Develops teamwork through cross-training with other departments.
• Complies with and enforces safety rules and procedures and remains alert for unsafe conditions. Addresses unsafe conditions before putting people or property at risk.
• Confers with vendors to obtain product, data, or service information such as price, availability and delivery schedule.
• Negotiates or renegotiates and administers contracts with suppliers, vendors and other representatives.
• Analyzes price proposals, financial reports and other data and information to determine reasonable prices.
• Prepares purchase orders or bid requests.
• Reviews bid proposals and negotiates contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
• Maintains procurement records such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance and inventories.
• Arbitrates claims and resolves complaints generated during performance of contract.
• Expedites delivery of goods to users.
• Maintains and reviews computerized records of items purchased, costs, delivery, product performance and inventories.
SCM Data Analysis
• Coordinates with SCM Management to develop and define KPIs.
• Performs analysis to identify potential problems or determine root causes.
• Translates data into actionable insights for key stakeholders.
• Prepares reporting such as visualizations, presentations, or data extracts to share with the management team.
• Other duties as assigned.
Why Should You Join Us?
Safran Cabin headquarters are in Huntington Beach, California, with a global presence of over 10,000 employees at 39 sites. Site locations are in the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Germany, France, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Tunisia and Thailand. Safran Cabin serves over 400 airlines and leasing companies globally and delivers to all airframe OEM manufacturers with a heritage spanning over 80 years in the industry.
• Your Career: Safran is committed to providing internal mobility to our employees. We operate globally so the sky is the limit of where your Safran journey can take you.
• Your Development: Safran employees have free access to Safran University courses and external tuition reimbursement for approved programs or certifications.
• Your Benefits: Our suite of comprehensive benefits includes health care (medical, dental and vision), life insurance, 401(k) savings plan with company match, paid time off, Safran Perks with BenefitHub – Employee Discounts & Rewards Marketplace for consumer products/services and more!
Summary of Education, Experience & Certification
Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent with five years experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience with demonstrated skills. One year of previous supervisory experience preferred. Material handling in the Aerospace industry preferred.
Employees working on programs subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations must qualify as a US
Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee for legal compliance purposes.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Experience supervising employees/team in a productive and efficient manner.
• Ability to lead and motivate team members towards project objectives.
• Ability to communicate in English (read, write and verbally communicate).
• Extensive knowledge of aerospace components.
• Familiar with basic quality terms, concepts, inspection and planning processes.
• Ability to read blueprints, pack slips, invoices and certification documentation.
• Mathematical knowledge and ability to apply towards problem solving.
• Ability to interpret and deliver a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
• Strong time-management and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work with all levels of the organization.
• Ability to coordinate and handle multiple priorities within deadlines and take initiative to produce results.
• Advanced in Microsoft Office applications, ERP systems, and data analysis tools.
• Ability to travel as required.
• Ability to work outside of core business hours as required.
• Able to climb and work on step stools and/or ladders.
• Able to lift 25 lbs. without assistance/able to lift up to 100 lbs. with assistance.
• Able to reach overhead.
• Able to work in a non-dust-free environment.
• Normal or corrected vision (required to perform exacting tasks).
• Full range of motion with both hands.
• Can work in a stooping, kneeling or standing position and in cramped areas.
3561 Shelby Lane TX 76207