Who We Are:
Greenpoint Technologies, a proud member of the Safran Cabin family, designs, engineers, manufactures and installs the best aircraft interiors in the world, focusing on luxury interiors.
Why Should You Join Us?
We have so much to offer you! As a member of the Safran family, our employees enjoy a trusting, supportive and positive work environment. This is a company where you can grow and advance, and find yourself looking forward to Monday so that you can get back at it! We give you our best - excellent benefits, a 401(k) plan with a generous match, competitive pay, and a chance to work with and learn from the very best in the business. We also offer the opportunity for a rich and diverse career across over 300 job fields and international sights. There are no limits to where you can go!
We are a diverse, inclusive, empowered, people-first culture and workplace, making Greenpoint Technologies a great place to work.
The corporate Social Responsibility Strategy, Engage for the Future, is based on four pillars: decarbonizing aviation, being an exemplary employer, exemplifying responsible industry, and affirming our commitment to society. In response to the urgent climate challenge, Safran has an ambitious policy to support the transition to carbon-neutral aviation by 2050, involving all our teams in the solutions. At The Safran Companies, we are passionate employees who work together for a sustainable future.
What You Will Do:
We are looking for a Materials planner to join a team who creates beautiful Aircraft interiors for VIP's and Heads of State. Imagine designing 4000 sq. ft of LUXURY home in the SKY!!!
• Examine engineering drawings for inaccuracies in material/component specification, prior to or after formal engineering release, utilizing knowledge of basic engineering and manufacturing principles / techniques
• Review and evaluate engineering drawings, calculates quantities and types of material, parts, or other items required, determine “make versus buy” sub-assemblies and builds the Bill of Material in the MRP system
• Work with engineering and production to determine the materials required to fabricate cabinets.
• Set up all purchase requisitions for Procurement, based on schedule need dates, lead times and quantity requirements
• Schedule and track the material deliveries based upon aircraft modification schedules and production requirements
• Compute amount of material required to complete job orders, applying knowledge of product and manufacturing processes.
• Support Engineering, Procurement, Ops, PM, Sales and other personnel to exchange information regarding material specifications, material lead times, substitutions, and costs, as required.
• Review production schedules and related information and confers with department management to identify outstanding needs.
What You Must Have:
• Demonstrated advanced expertise with Database software; Internet software, MRP software, Inventory and order processing systems; Project Management software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints, engineering drawings and materials specifications
• Familiarity with the procurement of raw materials, standards, parts, and commodities, preferably related to VIP aircraft interiors
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
• Demonstrated experience with MRP, Inventory and order processing systems; preferably in MS Dynamics AX
• Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.)
• Ability to solve complex problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
Across all team members, no matter where they work at Greenpoint, we are looking for people who are:
• Team Oriented
• Process Focused
• Open & Honest in their Communication
• Quality Minded
• Persistent and who honor commitments
Where We Work:
Our Denton, Texas facility is deep in the heart of Greenpoint. From engineering to supply chain, to sales to finance, and everyone in between, we work together in the spirit of continuous improvement. And we always remember to have a little fun, too!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Greenpoint is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
Candidates for positions with Greenpoint Technologies must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire.
Employees working on programs subject to International Traffic In Arms Regulations must qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee for legal compliance purposes.
- © Safran