This position will utilize lean kaizen events to improve a product line or lines by training employees and using quality assurance process sampling systems, procedures and statistical techniques. The Quality Engineer will design, or specify inspection and testing mechanisms and equipment, analyze production and service limitations and standards, recommend the revision of specifications, and formulate quality assurance policies and procedures. Conduct training on manufacturing quality assurance, lean manufacturing and SPC concepts and tools. The Quality Engineer is the control point for the analysis, reporting and training of a product line or lines. This job reports to the Quality Assurance Manager.
Summary of Duties:
• Reviews and signs engineering change notices (ECNs) and engineering drawings.
• Works with the quality control and production personnel to drive the continuous improvement process.
• Tracks and ensures measuring and testing equipment used within the division is within calibration.
• Monitors and assists first article inspection (FAI) information system.
• Writes reports and standard work, performs employee training, and conducts statistical analysis.
• Ensures production tooling is inspected and conforms to specs prior to use.
• Approves work orders prior to release to ensure engineering operations are properly documented.
• Applies purchase order quality clauses to applicable products within an MRP system
• Assists corrective action board (CAB) by being a member, provides problem solving / resolution.
• Performs internal process audits to company specifications.
Level 3 Qualifications:
Education: BS degree preferred or equivalent work experience in related fields.
Experience: 5-7 years' experience within the quality environment.
Computer Skills: Proficient with Microsoft Office® programs, Office, and with MRP systems. Advanced Excel skills.
Other Skills: Certified blue print reader. Strong trouble shooting skills and communication skills. Advanced Spreadsheet building and Microsoft Office Skills. Ability to read engineering drawings, specifications and other related literature is necessary. Familiar with general quality systems and with the following internal processes: CDQ, SQUIP, DSQR.
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
• Management experience
• Quality certification
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Travel may be required
赛峰集团（Safran）是一家国际高科技集团公司，业务范围涵盖航空（推进、设备和内装）、防务和航天领域。其核心宗旨是致力于构建更安全且可持续发展的世界，让航空运输更加环保、舒适和便利。赛峰集团业务遍及全球，拥有79000名员工，2020年营业额为165亿欧元。单独或是通过合作，赛峰集团在其核心市场占据全球或地区领导地位。赛峰集团在其技术创新路线图中承诺将大力开展以环境为主导的研发项目。 赛峰集团获评《福布斯》杂志2020年全球最佳雇主。 赛峰客舱公司在客舱内装设计、餐饮系统和货运设备方面处于全球领先地位。
Quality Engineer 2