Are you passionate about technology or aviation? Come invent the solutions of tomorrow in the aerospace and defense industry, with an international group where innovation, teamwork and continuing, daily education are fundamental values. Join us!
The Planner is responsible for overseeing all planning activities to assure successful delivery of the product. This position will be responsible for performing tasks and duties associated with product manufacture planning, including producing schedules, material lists, and production plans.
Summary of Duties:
• Evaluates shortages and manages prompt solutions keeping appropriate stakeholders informed of any potential problem as required.
• Analyzes demand and plans supply in accordance, ensures efficient and quality execution of requirements and purchasing action messages, manages supplier delivery, quality, and cost performance and improvement.
• Ensures material flow and production activity are aligned.
• Reads and reviews engineering drawings and documentation and coordinate any changes
• Maintains inventory levels to meet company goals
• Supports testing and certification requirements for new programs
• Preserves engineering revision control
• Key User for ERP system; Confirm accuracy of pertinent data in the company ERP system
• Collaborates with stakeholders on lead times, planning items and any related elements
• Performs root cause analysis activities related to planning
• Provide leadership, coaching and/or mentoring to less experienced staff; may act as a “lead” or first-level supervisor.
• Performs work under minimal supervision
• Handles complex issues and problems, and escalates only the most complex issues to higher level staff.
Safran Cabin headquarters are in Huntington Beach, California, with a global presence of over 10,000 employees at 39 sites. Site locations are in the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Germany, France, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Tunisia and Thailand. Safran Cabin serves over 400 airlines and leasing companies globally and delivers to all airframe OEM manufacturers with a heritage spanning over 80 years in the industry.
Safran's Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) goes beyond our facility walls. We value and support the communities where we live and work. One of Safran's values and CSR pillar is Corporate Citizenship that helps drive economic, social and cultural progress by sharing our gifts with those around us.
• Your Career: Safran is committed to providing internal mobility to our employees. We operate globally so the sky is the limit of where your Safran journey can take you.
• Your Development: Safran employees have free access to Safran University courses and external tuition reimbursement for approved programs or certifications.
• Your Benefits: Our suite of comprehensive benefits include health care (medical, dental and vision), life insurance, 401(k) savings plans with company match, paid time off, Safran Perks with BenefitHub – Employee Discounts & Rewards Marketplace for consumer products/services and more!
• Management roles may be eligible for a bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable incentive plan.
Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Experience: 5+ years of production planning and/or material planning experience
• Knowledge of AS9100 or ISO9001
• MS Office Skills (Excel, PowerPoint)
• Experience with an MRP system.
• Demonstrated knowledge of materials planning system (MRP/ERP) requirements, purchase order and manufacturing order generation process logic, and inventory management practices.
• Demonstrated understanding of Material Management operational concepts surrounding production planning, inventory control, purchasing, stockroom operation and shipping and receiving.
• Familiarity with the procurement of raw materials, standards, parts, and commodities related to aircraft lavatory production.
• Effective oral and written communications skills
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and assignments with attention to detail
• Problem solving, well organized, detailed oriented and accurate
• Ability to read and analyze engineering prints and drawings
• Dedication and commitment to ensure all work is completed without exception.
• Willingness to learn and develop new competencies
• Strong written and verbal business communications abilities
• Self-starter with ability to drive improvement, meet timeliness and objectives
• Identifying problems working with teams to solve through leading actions collaboratively
• Ability to analyze and communicate requirements
• Ability to negotiate, influence, and win respect
• Ability to make timely decisions and take action
• Ability to provide information regarding tasks, plans, schedule and strategy to stakeholders
• Customer service oriented
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
• Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain or program management
• Previous supply chain/purchasing/sourcing experience
• Experience reading and analyzing engineering prints and drawings
Description: Senior-Level position within job role
The expected salary range for this position is between $66,560 - 103,783 USD. Actual compensation will be determined based on experience, education, and other factors permitted by law.
At Safran, diversity & inclusion is a source of richness that adds quality of life, performance, and innovation. We welcome diverse contributions and provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, disability/medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic characteristics or information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Travel may be required
12240 Warland Drive CA 90630