The Sr. Product Electronics Engineer will be responsible for the research, analysis, design, development, testing, debugging and modification of electronics equipment such as VFMDs (Variable Frequency Motor Drives) for vacuum generators and air compressors (ACIM/BLDC), AC/DC Power Converters (3-Φ), 28V DC Valve Controllers, and W&W System Controllers for commercial aerospace industry.
The Sr. Electronics Engineer will take ownership and/or support technical engineering teams and projects related to W&W System Components. Using sound engineering principles, this engineer will interface with cross functional groups (internal and external) to ensure robust, airworthy designs are attained which meet budget, schedule and internal requirements and goals. This leadership position will be responsible for participating in and leading improvement activities at a group and/or company level.
• Create and maintain hardware requirements specification and hardware interface control documents
• Performs SPICE analysis of circuits using Altium/OrCAD PSPICE tools
• Performs analysis and MATLAB/Simulink modeling and C programming to generate control algorithms
• Develop real time firmware in C, C++ or other languages on microcontrollers and DSP processors.
• Generate software certification documentation per DO 178 standard
• Design, develop and test embedded system software for motor control and application software.
• Analyze and designs magnetics for EMI filter, boost/buck inductors and other input/output filters
• Performs component selection & obsolescence management
• Performs circuit design and schematic capture using Altium/OrCAD tools
• Creates hardware design document that covers design analysis, notes, and specific guidelines followed
• Provides inputs to PCB layout design
• Performs worst case load analysis (DC Load Analysis) on the circuit designs
• Performs component derating and thermal analysis
• Performance design performance margin analysis
• Performs PCB board bring-up per the circuit design
• Creates PCB board level functional test procedures per circuit functional blocks
• Creates design verification test procedure (DVTP) document
• Performs electronics hardware testing to make sure that requirements are met and generate test reports (DVTR)
• Analysis/Modeling Skills – Ability to use electrical circuit simulation tools such as PSPICE and system level simulation tools such as PSIM/MATLAB/Simulink.
• Design – Experience in analog and digital control systems and applications. Superior design skills in DC-DC converter, Active Rectifiers, Gate Drives, Voltage/Current Sensor Circuit designs, EMI filter designs.
• Hands on experience – Using design/simulation tools such as Altium/OrCAD, MATLAB/Simulink, PSIM, PSPICE etc. and test equipment such as programmable power supplies, high speed digital oscilloscopes, logic analyzers etc.
• Analytical – Knowledge and understanding of active rectifiers, PFC, inverter and motor control software design.
• Design – Design knowledge of CAN, ARIN429, I2C, SPI, RS232 software modules
• Modeling Skills – Ability to use electrical circuit simulation tools such as PSPICE and system level simulation tools such as PSIM/MATLAB/Simulink.
• Experience in aerospace regulations such as RTCA/DO-160/D0-178 and RTCA/DO-254 guidelines
• Interpersonal Skills – Possess a strong work ethic, and commitment to excellence. Ability to communicate, ability to work in a team environment. Ability to provide leadership to other members of the engineering team
- © Safran