Project manage the WWS industrialization deliverables on all new programs as part of the integrated program team. Responsible for effective industrialization of each new program. Provide Industrial Engineering support and coordination during the development of aircraft components. Responsible for determining most cost effective methods to create products. Focal for industrialization on each new program.
• Project manage industrialization deliverables on new programs as part of the integrated program team
• Develop/execute Industrialization plans in accordance with standards and program goals
• Represent the industrialization team in customer and program meetings as required
• Create the production element of the industrial dossier, mainly Manufacturing Bill of Materials, Routers, Standardized work instructions (including operation's allocated time)
• Work with the Design and Manufacturing teams to develop optimal production processes for each product type
• Coordinate with Facilities to ensure that the necessary production floor space and support is allocated in conjunction with the required schedule
• Provide feedback to Design group for DFMA (design for manufacture and assembly)
• Integrate plan for the design, manufacture and implementation of new tools or prototypes from the tooling engineering teams on the new program
• Develop a detailed phasing schedule for implementation of new lines
• Develop Cycle time and Takt Time standards and plans to achieve them
• Maintain industrialization metrics in line with standard KPI's and communicate performance on a regular basis
• Analyze/manage industrial process and product risks during development
• Champion and implement Lean principles
• Lead and participate in Kaizen and 3P events to develop improvements and plans
• Support Departmental and Personal Objectives/Measurements
SALARY RANGE: $70,560-$110,880 USD
• Collaboration – Establishes collaborative relationships to achieve objectives
• Communication – Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
• Ability to work independently and follow through on assignments with limited direction; ability to work within and lead in a team-oriented environment
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Project management experience
• Experience in manufacturing line set-up
• Self-motivated and multi-tasker; able to level load own workload.
Experience with airworthiness regulations & LEAN tools such as valve stream mapping (VSM) “5S”. Strong Knowledge of primary processes like mechanical assembly, testing, CNC machining, composite layup, and bonding.