Are you passionate about technology or aviation? Come invent the solutions of tomorrow in the aerospace and defense industry, with an international group where innovation, teamwork and continuing, daily education are fundamental values. Join us!
Safran Cabin headquarters are in Huntington Beach, California, with a global presence of over 10,000 employees at 36 sites. Site locations are in the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Germany, France, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Tunisia and Thailand. Safran Cabin serves over 400 airlines and leasing companies globally and delivers to all airframe OEM manufacturers with a heritage spanning over 80 years in the industry.
• Your Career: Safran is committed to providing internal mobility to our employees. We operate globally so the sky is the limit of where your Safran journey can take you.
• Your Development: Safran employees have free access to Safran University courses and external tuition reimbursement for approved programs or certifications.
• Your Benefits: Our suite of comprehensive benefits include health care (medical, dental and vision), life insurance, and paid time off.
This position acts as liaison between production planning and manufacturing line personnel to ensure material requirements are met. Participates in shop floor activities with different functional groups to ensure timely material flow through the manufacturing process. Ensures shop floor documentation is accurate and is transacted into the MRP system in a timely manner. Statuses production completions and brings shop floor issues to the attention of production management and production planning personnel.
1. Education and Experience: High School diploma/Associates degree from a recognized institution and a minimum of 3 years professional experience in a manufacturing environment or equivalent professional experience
2. Physical Requirements:
a. Ability to lift about 25 pounds
b. Ability to walk throughout the facility
3. This is an ITAR compliant facility; the candidate must be a US citizen or a Permanent resident of US.
The expected hourly rate for this position is between $15.50- $24.64 USD. Actual compensation will be determined based on experience, education, and other factors permitted by law.
A. Works closely with manufacturing personnel to ensure daily production plans are met.
B. Prioritizes and sequences queued items for each work center based on predetermined production schedules.
C. Statuses shop floor completions to production management and production planning personnel.
D. Investigates and resolves work order or inventory related issues working with appropriate functional personnel.
E. Participates and/or prepares data for production meetings within Operations.
F. Works with other personnel in cross-functional process improvement teams for specified tasks assigned by management.
G. Maintains and Updates Production Boards and Action Boards
H. Keeps track, coordinates and expedites part shortages with other departments
I. Transacts operations completion on MO'S and Issues backorders.
J. Closes MO's and research shortages to avoid material variances
J. Analyzes the backlog/reports/MRP to prioritize orders for processing in timely manner
K. Releases Manufacturing Orders for allocation and printing
L. Performs all Logistics related transaction including, creation of bill of lading, commercial invoices, or any other shipping documentation
M. Coordinates with internal and external customers to resolve any issues, provide advance notifications, and retrieve invoices or related paperwork
N. Tracks orders as per Customer Service or any other internal functions requests
O. Responsible for accurate and timely transactions of all assigned orders in the system to ensure OTD goals are met.
P. Creates excel reports to track progress and provide analysis on turnaround times and efficiency
Q. Tracks departmental KPI (Key Performance Indicators)
R. Performs other duties as assigned
1. Knowledge of materials planning systems (MRP/ERP) requirements and order generation process logic
2. Knowledge of work order generation and stockroom kit pull operations
3. Understanding of Supply Chain Management operational concepts surrounding production planning, inventory control, purchasing, stockroom operations and shipping/receiving
4. Knowledge of AS9100 or ISO9001:2008
5. Ability to organize tasks and take initiative
6. Ability to work with cross-functional teams on process improvement initiatives
7. Ability to operate PC with knowledge of Microsoft Office or similar software packages
At Safran, diversity & inclusion is a source of richness that adds quality of life, performance, and innovation. We welcome diverse contributions and provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, disability/medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic characteristics or information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws