The Electronics Engineer will be responsible for the research, analysis, design, development, testing, debugging and modification of electronics equipment such as VFMDs (Variable Frequency Motor Drives) for vacuum generators and air compressors (ACIM/BLDC), AC/DC Power Converters (3-Φ), 28V DC Valve Controllers, and W&W System Controllers for commercial aerospace industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Analyze customer requirements and validate them by analysis/modeling/prototyping or based on previous product performance
• Create and maintain hardware requirements specification and hardware interface control documents
• Performs SPICE analysis of circuits using Altium/OrCAD PSPICE tools
• Performs analysis and MATLAB/Simulink modeling to generate control algorithms
• Analyze and designs magnetics for EMI filter, boost/buck inductors and other input/output filters
• Performs component selection & obsolescence management
• Performs circuit design and schematic capture using Altium/OrCAD tools
• Creates hardware design document that covers design analysis, notes, and specific guidelines followed
• Provides inputs to PCB layout design
• Performs worst case load analysis (DC Load Analysis) on the circuit designs
• Performs component derating and thermal analysis
• Performance design performance margin analysis
• Performs PCB board bring-up per the circuit design
• Creates PCB board level functional test procedures per circuit functional blocks
• Creates design verification test procedure (DVTP) document
• Performs electronics hardware testing to make sure that requirements are met and generate test reports (DVTR)
• Independently finds or creates solutions to problems requiring research, resourcefulness and creativity
• Understands, follows, and promotes, ZWWS policies and procedures
• Review and process engineering changes in the development of water and waste systems and equipment
• Utilizes sound technical problem solving to own or support ongoing and new projects
• Documents findings and trade studies
• Follows sound engineering principles to ensure designs meet airworthiness standards, customer requirements and ZWWS internal standards
• Able to work independently to support engineering efforts.
• Takes technical responsibility of small/medium projects with support from management and/or higher level engineers.
• Able to interface with existing suppliers and OEM customers
• May Interface with new suppliers and OEMs with guidance
• Other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Analytical – Knowledge of mixed signal electronic systems. Perform analysis using PSPICE / PSIM
• Design – Knowledge of analog and digital control systems and application. Familiar with SMPS, DC-DC converter, PFC, Motor Drive Electronics. Knowledge on stress analysis of analog and power supply circuitry
• Modeling Skills – Ability to use electrical circuit simulation tools such as PSPICE and system level simulation tools such as PSIM/MATLAB/Simulink.
• Interpersonal Skills – Possess a strong work ethic and commitment to excellence. Ability to communicate and ability to work in a team environment. Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
• Hands on experience of using electronics equipment such as programmable power supplies, high speed digital oscilloscopes, logic analyzers etc.
• Design & develop instrumentation capabilities for product electrical parameter characterization and validation
• Design level understanding of communication protocols such as CAN, ARINC, SPI, RS-232 etc.
• Experience in aerospace regulations such as RTCA/DO-160 and RTCA/DO-254 guidelines
• Knowledge in major aerospace OEM electronics design guidelines
• Possess a strong work ethic, and commitment to excellence. Ability to communicate, ability to work in a team environment. Ability to provide leadership to other members of the engineering team
• Experience in using design/simulation tools such as Altium/OrCAD, MATLAB/Simulink, PSIM, PSPICE etc.,
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience -
• Bachelors or Masters Degree in electrical engineering from a recognized ABET accredited institution or equivalent
• 1 - 5 years of electronics experience with a desire for mixed signal design experience
Physical Demands – While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to move around the office.
Work Environment – The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
Travel – Periodical travel is minimal and may be 5-10 days per quarter.