This position requires performing routine and repetitive assembly operations and processes for aircraft parts in a manual manufacturing assembly line environment. Works in a team environment participating in continuous improvement activities. Uses pneumatic tools, basic hand tools, and power tools (motorized drill, rivet gun, etc.). Performs all other duties as assigned.
The employee must have the ability to deal with standard tolerancing (allowances, limits and fits) and perform advanced math calculations. The employee must have a complete knowledge of related aircraft hardware as it relates to rivets, screws and bolts (NAS, MS, An, etc.). This position requires a minimum of 5 years work experience in a production environment or equivalent business environment.
The employee will apply and handle conformal coatings, sealants and adhesives. The employee will perform less complex acceptance test procedures utilizing specific test equipment. The employee will work in a team environment participating in continuous improvement activities. The employee will keep their assigned work area organized and clean and will perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience: High School Diploma or experience/knowledge as determined by management and a minimum of 5 years working experience in a production environment or equivalent business environment
1. Must possess basic Math skills and be able to comprehend varying units of measure
2. Must be able to train other Assembler II-IV and Assembler II-Specialty personnel in variety of tasks performed
3. Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks, and take the initiative
4. Ability to understand and interpret electrical schematics
5. Basic understanding of manufacturing processes
6. Ability to read, comprehend written and process specification documents
a. Ability to lift 25 pounds
b. Employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle objects, tools, or operate controls and reach with hands and arms
c. Ability to walk throughout the facility
d. Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time
e. As with all positions employee will perform necessary housekeeping duties in order to maintain a clean, safe, and organized work environment