We are looking for a Stress Engineering Group Lead. This person will assists the Stress Engineering Manager in providing leadership for the Stress Engineering group and supporting ongoing and future Greenpoint programs. Provides planning, organization, coaching, mentoring, and training for engineers assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Assists the Stress Engineering Manager to guide the Stress Engineering team to substantiate aircraft designs and generate substantiation documents to show compliance to FAA regulations.
• Provides input for performance reviews, employee relations and assists Stress Engineering Manager in delivery of feedback.
• Conducts weekly one-on-one meetings with the group of engineers assigned.
• Assists Stress Engineering Manager with resource planning, recruiting, hiring, training and evaluation of staff.
• Assists with bids and estimations of costs for new programs.
• Assigns daily work and task assignments while maintaining adherence to budget and schedule.
• Coaches, trains, mentors, and provides guidance to engineers to keep all team members working efficiently.
• Ensures all stress analysis and structural test timelines meet the designated schedule for a successful aircraft delivery.
• Provides technical guidance and feedback to engineers. Ensures that the team remains on task and focused on technical objectives and assists when needed.
• Serves as role model and champion of Greenpoint's values and culture.
• Develops tools, databases, and workflow procedures aimed at streamlining and optimizing project support, quality, and timeliness of stress analysis.
• Provides status and reports as required to Project Engineers and Engineering Manager.
• Works effectively with other departments within Greenpoint to gain consensus on the approach to solve issues and mitigate constraints. Serves as focal point for questions, technical guidance, etc.
• Identifies, documents, and reports risk, challenges, and lessons learned to the Project Engineer and Stress Engineering Manager.
• Maintains regular attendance including being at work, being on time to work and working full shifts.
What you must have:
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, with a major in aerospace or eight years equivalent work in aerospace industry, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience working for an aircraft completions organization, preferably in a Lead Engineer position.
Employees working on programs subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations must qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee for legal compliance purposes.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Ability to lead a team of engineers to produce structural substantiation to meet multiple schedules and budgets.
• Ability to coach and motivate a team of engineers.
• Ability to work well independently and cross-functionally as part of an established and growing team.
• Ability to build relationships within the group and across the organization.
• Strong communication, time-management, problem solving and organizational skills.
• Excellent technical and conceptual skills required.
• Working knowledge of project management and budgeting.
• Working knowledge 14 CFR Part 25 Regulations as it pertains to Aircraft Structures, Interiors, Materials, Mechanical Systems and Payload Systems.
• Knowledge of industry design and documentation standards.
• Knowledge of mechanical assemblies and manufacturing technique design.
• NASTRAN modeling and FEMAP experience desired.
• Working knowledge of industry accepted CAD system.
• Ability to write technical reports and correspondence.
• Proficient in Microsoft applications.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time, use hands to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and have close/color vision ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to travel as required.
• Ability to work outside of core business hours as required.
11724 NE 195th Street WA 98011
- © Safran