Who We Are:
Greenpoint Technologies, a proud member of the Safran Cabin family, designs, engineers, manufactures and installs the best aircraft interiors in the world, focusing on luxury interiors.
Why Should You Join Us?
We have so much to offer you! As a member of the Safran family, our employees enjoy a trusting, supportive and positive work environment. This is a company where you can grow and advance, and find yourself looking forward to Monday so that you can get back at it! We give you our best - excellent benefits, a 401(k) plan with a generous match, competitive pay, and a chance to work with and learn from the very best in the business. We also offer the opportunity for a rich and diverse career across over 300 job fields and international sights. There are no limits to where you can go!
We are a diverse, inclusive, empowered, people-first culture and workplace, making Greenpoint Technologies a great place to work.
The corporate Social Responsibility Strategy, Engage for the Future, is based on four pillars: decarbonizing aviation, being an exemplary employer, exemplifying responsible industry, and affirming our commitment to society. In response to the urgent climate challenge, Safran has an ambitious policy to support the transition to carbon-neutral aviation by 2050, involving all our teams in the solutions. At The Safran Companies, we are passionate employees who work together for a sustainable future.
What You Will Do:
We are looking for a Sr Program Buyer to join a team who creates beautiful Aircraft interiors for VIP's and Heads of State. Imagine working for a company who builds 4000 sq. ft of LUXURY home in the SKY!!!
• Coordinate activities involved with the procuring of goods and services such as aircraft furnishings, structures, systems, electrical, raw materials, equipment, tools, parts and supplies
• Confer with suppliers to obtain product or service information such as lead time, price, availability, and delivery schedule
• Negotiate or renegotiate price, schedule, terms & conditions, etc. and administers contracts with suppliers and other supply chain representatives
• Estimate values according to knowledge of aerospace market price and determines method of procurement such as direct purchase or bid
• Analyze supplier proposals, financial reports and other data and information to determine reasonable prices and prepares purchase orders or bid requests
• Review bid proposals and negotiates contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority
• Monitor design, development and production of complex monuments, assemblies, production articles and parts to ensure they are built per drawing specifications and meet all quality standards
• Maintain procurement records such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance and inventories
What You Must Have:
• Bachelor's degree and five years' experience purchasing various aerospace commodities; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with the procurement of raw materials, parts, and commodities related to VIP aircraft interiors. Aerospace experience required
• Proven ability to develop and maintain relationships with internal and external customers
• Proven ability to negotiate prices and proven ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures and governmental regulations, write reports and business correspondence
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages and volume
• Demonstrated experience with MS Office, MS Outlook, MS Dynamics AX, order processing systems such as MRP or ERP and Internet knowledge
• Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- © Safran