Oversees and directs a team of purchasing professionals to support parts requirements. Ensures that Greenpoint's interests in terms of value are upheld through supplier on time delivery, quality and total cost. Develops and implements strategic goals and objectives, promotes collaboration and coordination of procurement activities with key stakeholders, as well as oversees the day-to-day tactical execution of the procurement team's assigned responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Hires, develops and manages Procurement team through day-to-day requirements and individual employee development to established performance standards.
• Provides leadership for employee relations through effective communications, coaching and developmental goals.
• Responsible for communicating concise and comprehensive program statuses and priorities to the procurement team and internal customers (other departments).
• Advocates on behalf of the department needs to fix issues related to overcoming obstacles with internal coordination and communication with other departments.
• Develops and manages internal and external relationships, establishes rapport and collaboration with key stakeholders to ensure client satisfaction.
• Monitors and reports status of key Procurement metrics – implements corrective actions where performance needs to improve.
• Ensures that all functional teams follow established BMS processes and uses standard templates, documentation, and methodology.
• Maintains regular attendance including being at work, being on time to work and working full shifts.
• Other duties as assigned.
Greenpoint Core Competencies
• Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, and accepts constructive criticism/feedback and changes approach or method best fit to the situation.
• Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts effectively in verbal and written form, exhibits good listening and comprehension, keeps others informed and uses appropriate communication methods.
• Dependability - Responds to requests for service and assistance, follows instruction and responds to management direction, takes responsibility for own actions and doing the best job possible, keeps commitments, and maintains reliable attendance.
• Initiative - Sets and achieves challenging goals, demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles, measures self against standard of excellence, recognizes and acts on opportunities, and takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
• Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views, gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team spirit, and puts success of team above own interests.
Why Should You Join Us?
Safran Cabin headquarters are in Huntington Beach, California, with a global presence of over 10,000 employees at 39 sites. Site locations are in the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Germany, France, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Tunisia and Thailand. Safran Cabin serves over 400 airlines and leasing companies globally and delivers to all airframe OEM manufacturers with a heritage spanning over 80 years in the industry.
• Your Career: Safran is committed to providing internal mobility to our employees. We operate globally so the sky is the limit of where your Safran journey can take you.
• Your Development: Safran employees have free access to Safran University courses and external tuition reimbursement for approved programs or certifications.
• Your Benefits: Our suite of comprehensive benefits includes health care (medical, dental and vision), life insurance, 401(k) savings plan with company match, paid time off, Safran Perks with BenefitHub – Employee Discounts & Rewards Marketplace for consumer products/services and more!
Sign On Bonus Eligible
Annual Salary:USD $77,280 – $121,440
Summary of Education, Experience & Certification
Bachelor's degree, seven years of experience in Supply Chain Management and three years supervisory experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Aerospace background and aircraft interior industry experience preferred.
Employees working on programs subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations must qualify as a US Person, defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee for legal compliance purposes.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Proven management skills including leadership of high-performing team, employee development and effective change management.
• Ability to work well independently and cross-functionally as part of an established and growing team.
• Proven leadership experience related to procurement practices, policies and processes.
• Ability to motivate, coach and manage a team including conducting annual performance reviews.
• Extremely customer focused/takes time to understand business needs.
• Demonstrated strong negotiations skills.
• Demonstrated effective decision-making and ability to influence executive level decisions.
• Demonstrated experience of implementing performance-based contracts with suppliers.
• Experience developing and implementing procurement best practices and continuous improvement methodologies.
• Demonstrated ability to build internal customer/external supplier relationships to optimize performance and deliver process improvements.
• Strong analytical, time-management and organizational skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication and effective presentation skills across multiple audiences.
• Demonstrated experience with technology including Microsoft Office applications, ERP, Inventory and order processing systems.
• Demonstrated knowledge of sourcing ethics.
• Demonstrated ability to apply good judgment and decision-making.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time, use hands to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and have close/color vision ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to travel as required.
• Ability to work outside of core business hours as required.
11724 NE 195th Street WA 98011