Performs stress reviews and analysis of aircraft interior, system, and structural installations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Reviews engineering drawings for structural integrity and compliance with FAA regulations.
• Completes stress analysis documents to show compliance to FAA regulations.
• Work to budgets and project schedules.
• Utilizes classical hand analysis methods and Finite Element Modeling techniques.
• Maintains regular attendance including being at work, being on time to work and working full shifts.
• Other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Greenpoint Core Competencies
• Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, and accepts constructive criticism/feedback and changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
• Communications – Expresses ideas and thoughts effectively in verbal and written form, exhibits good listening and comprehension, and keeps others informed and uses appropriate communication methods.
• Dependability – Responds to requests for service and assistance, follows instruction and responds to management direction, takes responsibility for own actions and doing the best job possible, keeps commitments, and maintains reliable attendance.
• Initiative – Sets and achieves challenging goals, demonstrates persistence, and overcomes obstacles, measures self against standard of excellence, recognizes and acts on opportunities, and takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
• Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views, gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team spirit, and puts success of team above own interests.
• Work Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, displays commitment to excellence, looks for ways to improve and promote quality, applies feedback to improve performance, and monitors own work to ensure quality.
Job Core Competencies
• Job Knowledge – Competent in required job skills and knowledge, exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills, keeps abreast of current developments, requires minimal supervision, displays understanding of how job relates to others, and uses resources effectively.
Summary of Education, Experience & Certification
Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering or Engineering Mechanics and one year of experience; or a Master's degree in Engineering; or equivalent combination of education, relevant internships and experience.
Employees working on programs subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations must qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee for legal compliance purposes.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Ability to work well independently and cross-functionally as part of an established and growing team.
• Strong communication, time-management, and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated experience with MS Outlook, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• NASTRAN modeling and FEMAP experience desired.
• Computer Aided Drafting/Design (CAD) skills preferred.
• Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and reports.
• Ability to write technical reports and correspondence.
• Aviation background and aircraft interior industry experience desired.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time, use hands to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and have close/color vision ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to travel as required.
• Ability to work outside of core business hours as required.
11724 NE 195th Street WA 98011
- © Safran