• Piloting and coordinating internal control campaigns: documentation phase, tests, and definition of action plans
o Identification of non-compliances and coordination with the sites to implement corrective actions on a timely manner
o Reporting and monthly follow-up of action plans
o Covered cycles: governance, purchasing, sales, programs, services, consolidation, closure, cash, tax, capex, inventories, human resources, IT.
o Companies scope: Safran LS Canada Inc, Safran LS Kentucky, Wheels & Brakes Services Americas, A-Pro, Safran LS Services Americas and Safran LS Mexico.
• Ensure that company vision, key objectives, values and behaviours are properly translated into the actions
• Review current processes, provide internal/external benchmarks, prepare, animate and implement improvements to the internal control processes to drive efficiency and effectiveness at each site.
• Lead employee engagement in the transformation of and harmonization of the internal control process
• Seek synergies with Safran LS entities/sites and with other Safran Group companies.
• Ensure information systems are used properly and highlight a case for changing tools where needed
• Assist the Head of Audit & Internal Control in ensuring each site is properly supported in the internal control and audit activity
• Establish, standardize and update referential processes, best practices, methods, tools, benchmarks
• Embed issue/risk management in the improvement projects in order to reactively/ proactively secure the changes; ensure that proper inputs and corrections are in place against issues/risks
• Ensure that an appropriate communication plan is in place and give regular feed-back to Safran LS Head Office on achievements via the monthly reporting schedule
• Support Internal control continuous improvement plans
• Responsible for mitigating some segregation of duties related risks in the ERP systems
• Support the other team members as necessary
• Other duties as assigned by the SLS SAS Director of Audit & Internal Controls
This position can be located in Canada, US (Walton) or Mexico (Queretaro).
Education: Bachelor's degree
Experience: Professional experience in financial controlling and/or internal control (ideally in a manufacturing industry)).
o Fluency in English is required and Spanish appreciated, knowledge of French would be an added benefit.
o Demonstrable experience of working with and influencing senior management teams, ideally with significant exposure to sizeable manufacturing operations. Exposure to multiple key functions (e.g. production, supply chain, engineering, and procurement) and experience of leading multi-function teams is highly desirable.
o Project management and/or transversal activities skill.
o High motivation and willingness to lead transversal improvement actions.
o Excellent analytical skills, as well as organizational and effective written and oral communication skills.
o Team spirit.
o Excellent, analytical, organizational and good verbal and writing skills.
o Able to facilitate change and to work with diplomacy and pragmatism but strong ability to resist pressure.
o Synthesis capacity.
o Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office (esp. Microsoft Excel spreadsheets), Power Bi and Windows based operating systems.
o Experience with ERP systems.
o Ability to work unsupervised, with minimal direction.
o Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and assignments with attention to detail.
o Problem solving, well organized, detailed oriented and accurate.
Potential international business trips
- © Safran