The Quality Assurance Specialist is responsible for ensuring customer quality and process requirements as they relate to the product and production are implemented in the Safran Quality Management System. In addition, works directly with customers to resolve quality issues, administration of customer corrective action requests, supports manufacturing escape/non-conformance investigations and reporting on quality matrixes provided by customers. Works directly with the Senior Manager and Program Managers to provide timely reports and/or responses to customer queries, requests for participation/involvement in special projects or events.
• Identification of inspection and hold points on the manufacturing and assembly test traveller.
• Review and quality approval of the manufacturing and assembly test traveller.
• Review and approval of failure analysis reports for units returned from the field.
• Assists and/or leads failure investigations for product returns or in-house failures (8D, engineering investigation) and assist/product associated reports.
• Non-conformance disposition and participation/approval of MRB decision.
• Lead customer corrective action boards.
• Coordinate FAI's on new or revised products.
• Submit and ensure closure of customer concessions.
• Acceptance and release of product in accordance with customer regulatory and internal requirements. Customer delegations for acceptance and release of product. Regulatory requirements for new and repaired product.
• Develop and maintain process control plans, PFMEA's and other related proce4sses as they pertain to manufactured product.
• Participate in production readiness review meetings.
• Create/review internal quality procedures and work instructions.
• Other duties as assigned/required.
• Degree or Diploma in an electrical or mechanical engineering field or equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Minimum of three years' experience with comprehensive quality management systems preferably AS9100.
• Familiarity with regulatory requirements is an asset, preferably Canadian Aviation Regulations.
• Experience in an electronics manufacturing/assembly environment, preferably IPC-A-610 Class 3.
• Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and e-mail.
• Excellent analytical, strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be able to effectively handle conflicting priorities with limited supervision.
2000 Fisher Dr ON K9J 6X6
- © Safran