• Responsible for the structural integrity of Landing Gears and Landing Gear Systems.
• Perform the following activities for new development and existing programs:
• Strength Analysis
• Fatigue Analysis
• Finite Element Analysis
• Establish Qualification Test Requirements
• Create Certification Documents
• MRB support, AOG support
• Responsible for working closely with Design team, liaison with customer, offload service providers, and external partner/supplier structural engineers.
• Prepare and/or review structural reports for compliance to airworthiness specifications and customer requirements.
• Provide support and justification in the disposition of non-conformances and structural repairs.
• Occasionally work offsite for extended periods at customer/partner facilities within or outside of Canada if required
• University degree in Mechanical/Aeronautical Engineering or related discipline.
• Good understanding of the fundamental principles of Solid Mechanics and Fatigue.
• Ability to perform classical strength and fatigue analyses.
• Proficient with Finite Element Modeling and Analysis.
• Minimum 10 years experience in the field of structural engineering.
• Proficient with computer programs such as Mathcad, nCode and Microsoft Office.
• Demonstrated experience with PATRAN, NASTRAN, and ABAQUS
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Knowledge and experience with FAR/CS 25 specifications are required.
• Ability to travel internationally.
• Bilingual (French/English) is an asset
574, Monarch Avenue L1S 4S4