• Customer Quality focal within the Integrated Program Team
• Quality focal responsible for ensuring compliance and flow down of requirements from customer, regulatory agencies, government regulations and engineering specifications
• Lead the resolution of customer driven corrective action requests and Quality Improvement Plans related to Customer escapes
• Interface with customers on submission and approval of product/process documentation
• Lead / Manage all customer audits
• Function as an interface between Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, Materials and Supplier groups to improve product quality and reduce cost related to rework and scrap
• Function as Quality Authority for MRB activity
• Lead internal quality improvement initiatives by identifying improvement projects and working in a team environment to achieve business targets
• Interface with Operations and Suppliers for approval of techniques, manufacturing plans, corrective action reports and other quality documents
• Participate in Prompt reviews /activities on new programs in development
• Preparation of detailed Quality Performance material to be used for internal and customer program reviews
• University degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
• Minimum five years manufacturing experience with focus on Quality Assurance and Continuous Improvement. Some experience in Product Design and Control Systems will be an asset.
• Ability to make decisions
• Above average written and oral communication skills
• Familiar with Aerospace Regulatory requirements and AS9100 / ISO9001:2000 quality system
• SAP experience a definite asset
• Program/Project Management Skills
• Hands-On experience in APQP, SPC, FMEA and 8D will be an asset
• Ability to read and understand drawings
• Working knowledge of GD&T
• Good interpersonal skills
• Proficiency with MS Office
• Bilingual (French/English) will be an asset
• Must be able to obtain CGP/ITAR clearance
Feeling hesitant because you don't meet all of the job requirements? Don't be! Safran Landing Systems (SafranLS) is committed to creating an inclusive, diverse and equitable team and encourages all applicants to apply. If you love a challenge and want to work in an exciting, high-tech environment, we want to hear from you.
We see diversity as a means to leverage creativity, collective performance and innovation. We welcome applications from individuals regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. SafranLS is committed to a positive, supportive, and inclusive environment with continual learning opportunities and a focus on well-being in the workplace.
SafranLS offers accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process and will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to SafranLS in advance.
At SafranLS, a passion for Aerospace can mean a limitless career, land your next position with us!
While we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
The above statements reflect the general items considered necessary to describe principal functions of the position and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position. Other duties may be assigned as per management instruction. All applicants must meet the following requirements:Minimum age of 18 years. Canadian Controlled Goods Regulations (CGR), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian government security clearances and applicable contractual obligations.Safran Landing Systems Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. SafranLS TOR is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Accessibility and Accommodation Policy. SafranLS TOR will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to SafranLS TOR in advance.
574 Monarch Avenue Ajax L1S 2G8
- © Safran