Performs deburring and polishing operations on the components.
• To perform deburring and polishing according to drawings, procedures and technical specifications.
• To control product quality and to take appropriate corrective actions.
• To complete appropriate Quality Assurance documentation.
• To continuously improve and optimise the work processes, methods and tools.
• To participate in the planning, decision-making, organizing and controlling of his team's activities, within the scope of the team's responsibilities.
• 5 years relevant aerospace experience
• Knowledge of Polishing / deburr principles
• Using deburring and polishing equipment
• Inspection skills (using the measuring tools and equipment to control the product quality)
• Knowledge of Quality Assurance documents (Inspection Plans, Non-Conformance Reports, etc).
• Able to read drawings and layouts (interpreting all the information and tolerances contained in the drawings and identifies the critical areas of parts and operations).
• Competent in using a wide range of measuring instruments, and test equipment.
• Knowledge of Canadian Aviation Regulations an asset
• Competent decision making skills are required.
• Basic computer knowledge is required.
Behavioural competencies :
• Communication Skills
• Interpersonal Skills (involving working effectively with others, consistent with the company's values)
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Works well in a team environment.
The ability to work shifts when required
The above statements reflect the general items considered necessary to describe principal functions of the position and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position. Other duties may be assigned as per management instruction.
All applicants must meet the following requirements:
Minimum age of 18 years.
Canadian Controlled Goods Regulations (CGR), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian government security clearances and applicable contractual obligations.
Safran Landing Systems Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. SafranLS TOR is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Accessibility and Accommodation Policy. SafranLS TOR will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to SafranLS TOR in advance.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for interviews will be notified.
All notifications will be via e-mail, therefore, please ensure address is included, thank-you.
574 Monarch Avenue Ajax L1S 2G8
- © Safran