The incumbent will be responsible for implementing all aspects of IS infrastructure required to support Local/Global projects as assigned to support North American activities. They will work with other IS groups to industrialize proven technology which includes, building servers, building/modifying networks, installing applications or provisioning in the cloud to meet the business needs or project specific deliverables. The incumbent will act as the IS Infrastructure technical resource for IS related projects as assigned by IS Management. The Incumbent will also be responsible for the IS administration of several IT systems.
Participate in IT Infrastructure Projects
• Responsible for implementing infrastructure needed to deploy new industrial technologies.
• Responsible for executing planned activities to implement new infrastructure to support a new or existing technology.
• Responsible for preparing all required technical architecture documentation, network diagrams, information flow diagrams, security sheets, change controls, DRP Documents, trainings or hand-over documentation to support the project transition into production.
Build Server/Desktop and Network Infrastructure:
• Building physical rack servers.
• Installing, configuring, maintaining and monitoring Windows 2008/2012/2016/2019 Enterprise servers
• Creating VMWare servers including build of OS and services for Windows, Linux, SharePoint.
• Implementing/Configuring new network/Wi-Fi infrastructure (Cisco) to support new initiatives.
• Provisioning storage and backup configurations for servers.
• Provisioning infrastructure/platforms/solutions in the cloud (IaaS/PaaS/SaaS)
• Ensuring compliance to all security regulations or standards during builds
• Administration of key solutions running on WIN 2008/2012/2016 or 2019 wether that be on local infrastructure or in the cloud.
• Administration of Unix/Linux systems such as Suse Linux Enterprise, HP-UX, IBM-AIX
• Administration of VMware/ESX system
• Administration of Citrix VDI solution.
• Administration of the backup solution.(Config, Patching)
• Implementing software OS and firmware updates.
• Developing PowerShell scripts to automate repetitive daily administrations tasks and customized scripts for resolving incidents and problems to prevent recurrence
• Developing Operational Documentation to ensure the "Run" of the solution including identification of L1 activities to be managed by the helpdesk.
• Act as L2 support for IS infrastructure/Systems/Platforms
• Diagnosing, troubleshooting, root cause analysis and providing resolution to complex problems of physical servers, networks, wireless or security systems.
• Work with IS lead to resolve failure of physical servers, network devices and appliances, and recommending improvements to avoid re-occurrence of the same problem.
• L2 support for specific IT managed systems (Nagios, Bomgar, Ucopia, etc)
Skill & Core Competencies: All skills listed below will be considered an asset, but we are looking for:
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Experience in various IT/IS disciplines, technologies, and platforms (Infrastructure, Networking, firewalls, communication protocols, databases and mobility).
- Working knowledge of VMWare, NetApp, Citrix and various Windows Server Operating systems
- Experience with Monitoring tool solutions (Nagios, Nessus, etc)
- Excellent communication skills.
- Innovative mindset and persistence.
- Decision making skills.
- Planning, organization & pro-activity
- Analytical Skills.
- Customer service and continuous improvement mindset.
- Technical Writing Skills. (Specifically related to IS projects)
- Ability to concurrently manage a diverse list of items.
- Able to collect and translate business requirements.
- Flexibility, ability to change focus and adopt to changing corporate priorities.
- Time Management skills.
Education and/or Certifications: All items listed below will be considered an asset, but the candidate must have a recognized University degree or College diploma, preferred in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Industrial Engineering
- MCSA (Server and core infrastructure) and Cisco CCNA certification or working towards it.
- MCTS certifications or working towards it is an asset.
- Good working knowledge of Windows 2008/2012/2016/2019.
- Good working knowledge of networking concepts including an understanding of TCPIP and the OSI networking model.
- Must be able to meet Services Canada CGR requirement to a NATO level clearance.
Specialized Knowledge: Specialized knowledge in networking and computer hardware listed below would be an asset:
- Cisco Routers and Switches
- Cisco Wifi Infrastructures
- Cisco video conference solutions
- WAN, MPLS, LAN
- SQL Clustered servers/Oracle ESX servers.
- NetApp (Network Appliance)
- Avaya Phone Systems
- HP Blades/VMware Clusters/Dell Clusters
- UNIX/Linux Operating systems
- MS PowerShell Scripting knowledge.
Specialized knowledge with provisioning infrastructure/platforms/Solutions in the cloud (IaaS/PaaS/SaaS) on either AWS Gov or Azure platforms.
- Excellent communication skills required for interactions with target audiences from end users to IS Management.
- Excellent communications skills required for interaction with other IS personnel at other SLS sites, suppliers, contractors or customers. French language is an asset, but not mandatory.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Must be over the age of 18 and meet CGP/ITAR requirements
Possibly (North America Only)
- © Safran