The Manufacturing Specialist / Manufacturing Engineer in the Industrialization department ensures the link between the design teams and the manufacturing teams. In new product or process developments, you realize industrialization deliverables and define the tools needed for production. In serial production, you assist programs in achieving and maintaining performance objectives by implementing initiatives to reduce manufacturing costs (design improvement, material cost reduction and process improvement).
Summary of duties
* Act as shop liaison between design engineers and production to ensure products are built to specifications and engineering documents.
* Provide feedback to design engineering to improve product design for ease of manufacturing, optimization of cost, weight reduction and time to manufacture product.
* Perform signature of drawings and impact analysis for product or process changes.
* Design and implementation of production tooling.
* Lead the development and implementation of production means, as well as their validation (DVI).
* Validate that the manufacturing processes implemented ensure product manufacturability with the required capability and capacity, in accordance with the Safety, Quality, Costs and Delay objectives.
* Establish production lines for new products by capitalizing on experience in order to optimize production by reducing manufacturing cost and time.
* Contribute to « Design to Cost » initiatives to control and reduce recurring costs associated with development and manufacturing of production parts.
* Perform failure mode and effect analysis (FMEA) for new processes to implement risk mitigation measures, identify manufacturing key characteristics, and define control plans.
* Apply the industrialization process when transferring production lines.
* Know and apply « Lean sigma » and « OneSafran » (Develop Handbook 4: Industrialize and Handbook Manufacture) tools and concepts such as value stream mapping, capacity analysis, process capability, flow management, 5S, etc.
* Know and apply the Safran Engineering Manual (CDE1000) and the Cabin « Industrialize » (GRP-0165) and « Develop » (GRP-0288) procedures.
* Education: Bachelor in Industrial, Mechanical, Manufacturing or Aerospace Engineering.
* Experience: 3 years+ in manufacturing engineering or industrialization engineering
* Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, Catia V5, AutoCAD.
* Other Skills: Skills in continuous improvement (lean manufacturing and six-sigma), problem solving, change management and technical project management.
* Languages: Ability to communicate in French and English.
- © Safran